Logi Analytics Releases New Version of Logi Vision
Logi Analytics has released Logi Vision 1.3, a data discovery solution that combines new analytical capabilities with social features. Logi Vision 1.3 will be available to try as a downloadable, full-featured version or via a hosted trial option.
Logi Analytics introduced Logi Vision earlier this year. Logi Vision's recommendation engine, built-in data science technology, and collaborative environment let users analyze, visualize, and socialize insights that were previously only available to data scientists and other advanced users.
"The majority of business users are not data experts. We've built that expertise into Logi Vision, along with consumer-based approaches and collaboration tools, to offer a highly intuitive, community-driven approach to self-service analytics," said Steven Schneider, chief product officer at Logi Analytics, in a statement. "With the latest version of Logi Vision, we're continuing to simplify how people interact and work with data, providing a data discovery environment that can be used by anyone in an organization."
Logi Vision 1.3 offers the following capabilities:
- Mapping: Logi Vision delivers geo-mapping with choropleth (filled regions) and bubble maps, both online and offline. Logi Vision automatically geo-codes continents, countries, states, and populated places so users do not need to engage IT or data experts to translate locations into latitude and longitude coordinates. Logi Vision's maps are based on open-source technology, which will provide layers of detail, categorizations, and analytics.
- Activity Stream: Employing social capabilities similar to Twitter's timeline and Facebook's news feed, Logi Vision's Activity Stream lets users view the most recent analytical activities of their colleagues and view and share new insights.
- Binning: Logi Vision converts numeric or time data into dimensions for analysis. For example, ages can be made into age ranges, salary information can turn into salary bands, and dates can turn into specific range categories for further analysis. Logi Vision automatically creates bins based on the data and allows for bin adjustments. In addition, anyone can create their own bins of information from scratch. Users can further interact with their data by choosing top or bottom bins based on numbers or percentiles.
Since the launch of Logi Vision in January, Logi Analytics has made the following enhancements to its patent-pending technology:
- DataSmart builds in data science and preparation. Logi Vision has added support for Salesforce.com and Google Analytics, data profiling, data blending or data mash-ups, and multi-part data support, which can automatically recognize separate pieces of data and combine them into one field, such as for addresses or names.
- ThinkSpace recommends best-fit data visualizations. Logi Vision has added more visualizations, including heat maps, scatter plots and crosstabs; expanded interactivity with lasso, pan, and zoom controls; improved usability with undo/redo and streamlined navigation; simplified calculations with quick conversions based on time, length, temperature, and weight; and enhanced filtering.
- InfoBoard socializes insights for a collective understanding and faster awareness of critical insights. Logi Vision offers pinning, ranking, favorites, searching, tagging, and notes.
Logi Vision 1.3 also extends integration with Logi Info, the company's flagship business intelligence platform, to offer governed data discovery. Logi Vision allows users to insert and delete Logi Info reports and dashboards within the Vision InfoBoard. Logi Vision also added LDAP/AD authentication and data source security, so anyone can share data and projects while specifying the read/write permissions of recipients.