Sendbird Launches Flutter and Open-Source SDKs for Building Chat Apps
Sendbird, a provider of mobile engagement and communication across in-app chat, voice, and video, has released Flutter SDK to enable developers to build chat in Flutter applications, and an open-source version of its UIKit so applications can be designed with and incorporate branded elements.
"Sendbird was founded by developers for developers, so we want our technology to be as open and easy to use as possible," said John Kim, founder and CEO of Sendbird, in a statement. "Developers will grow the next generation of unicorns, and Sendbird is doing everything we can to empower them by making it very simple to integrate compelling interactive experiences into modern apps."
With the Flutter SDK for Sendbird Chat, app developers can build full-featured chat in their Flutter applications and deploy it cross-platform with a single codebase. It comes with modern messenger features that enable chat at high scale and align with Sendbird's other client-side SDKs, including the following:
- Group Channels, allowing developers to build private group chats in their apps;
- Supergroup Channels, allowing developers to build private chat channels for up to 20,000 users in a single channel;
- Open Channels, to power chat with up to 60,000 users in a single channel;
- Moderation, allowing users to ban other users, mute users, and freeze a chat channel to keep conversations safe and on brand; and
- Open-Source UIKit, enabling developers to customize and extend Sendbird's UIKit
"We know developers love to tinker," Kim said. "Developers want to open things, take them apart, and then fit the pieces together in a way that makes sense to them. As more and more companies are adopting our UIKit rather than building a chat UI from scratch, we wanted to put more power in the hands of developers while simultaneously increasing the transparency and flexibility of our front-end components."
Sendbird Debuts Group Calls for Voice and Video
Sendbird's Calls API now supports group calling in web and mobile applications.
Sendbird Offers Unreal Game Developers a Chat SDK
Sendbird has expanded the availability of its Unreal SDK to all game developers.
Sendbird Chat Launches in AWS Marketplace
Sendbird Chat gets a listing in Amazon's digital catalog.