Salesforce Takes Enterprise Social Media Marketing to the Cloud
NEW YORK (Cloudforce) — Salesforce.com today unveiled its Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud, an enterprise-level social media marketing tool that includes features in social monitoring, insights, engagement, and workflow.
"An important part of social media is the ability to listen, and with new technology from Radian6, the social insights and other features in our social marketing cloud will take that to a whole new level,” said Salesforce CEO and founder Marc Benioff during his keynote speech.
Highlights of the Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud are as follows:
- Social Monitoring: Radian6’s technology allows companies to capture and monitor 150 million sources of social media conversations across the Web, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, blogs, online communities, and more. Also, Radian6 now supports 17 languages, with the addition of Turkish and Polish.
- Social Insights: New Radian6 Social Insights provide intelligent dashboards and sophisticated analytics to filter and identify relevant conversations and perform marketing campaign analysis. Through third-party providers such as Klout, OpenAmplify, and OpenCalais, Social Insights provides an additional level of information like demographics, influence, geolocation, sentiment, and conversation categorization.
- Social Engagement: The Radian6 Social Engagement Console enables companies to engage directly with customers on Twitter, Facebook, or other social channels. The console also includes add-ons like the ability to see trending topics from Twitter, Bit.ly statistics to determine the reach of shared links, and more.
- Social Workflow: Through the Radian6 Social Hub, an automation engine that powers the social enterprise, companies will be able to organize social media conversations based on analyses and rules. In addition, the Social Hub can also help marketers create relevant campaigns based on what a consumer likes as indicated on his or her consumer profile.
- Social Web sites: Using a drag-and-drop function, marketers can build, edit, and publish their own Web sites. Siteforce also provides a content management system, allowing companies to add social features like Twitter streams, and Facebook likes to their Web sites.
"With the Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud marketers can finally make sense of all those [online] conversations," said Kraig Swensrud, chief marketing officer at Salesforce. "You no longer need 30-day focus groups or a thousand people to figure it out. Now you can do it yourself in real time."