DocuSign Deepens SugarCRM Integration
Electronic signature solutions company DocuSign has expanded its SugarCRM connector to integrate with Community, Professional, Corporate, Enterprise, and Ultimate versions of the CRM system after being limited to WorkGroup and Enterprise subscriptions in integrations past.
SugarCRM users can now send a document through DocuSign right within a Quote, Opportunity, Account, Lead, or Contract, and once a customer electronically signs the document using an Internet-connected device, the document can be pushed back into an Opportunity as a PDF file with trackable status to see how a document has progressed through the sales cycle.
In addition to tighter integration with partner SugarCRM, DocuSign has also come out with its fall 2012 release this week, which includes the following features:
- Shared template folders: shared folders across the enterprise with the ability to set user permissions;
- Simple user management: streamlined bulk management of users and permissions;
- Increased accessibility: screen-reader support for visually impaired signers;
- Deeper document visibility: more options to specify which documents can be viewed;
- Streamlined DocuSign PowerForms: reduce the number of steps taken in signing; and
- Industry-specific solution features: Email archival capabilities for financial services to meet SEC and FINRA guidelines; signing and management capabilities to help life sciences companies comply with FDA regulations.
DocuSign, which raised an additional $50 million this summer in venture funding, "has a huge base of transactions that happen with SMB customers," Dustin Grosse, DocuSign's chief marketing officer told CRM in an interview. The electronic signature provider also counts as clients the individual or professional signer, such as an accountant or lawyer.
But, Grosse adds, "when you look at the volume of transactions that are being conducted in our system, and the amount of revenue we're generating, we're actually much more equally mixed between enterprise, midmarket, and professions," as enterprise customers represent some of the largest contracts with the esignature provider with high-volume signage occurring on an automatic basis.
Dell Adds Adobe EchoSign to Cloud Business Applications Portfolio
Addition of EchoSign Global Electronic Signature Service from Adobe helps businesses automate entire signature process.
5 Ways E-Contract Management Is Reshaping CRM
Shortened sales cycles and convenience benefit companies and customers.
SugarCRM Looks to Tackle CRM Usage Hurdles
Planned summer launch of Sugar 7 emphasizes user, customer engagement.
What Small Businesses Need to Know About E-signing
Ten frequently asked questions answered.