Tableau Releases Version 9.0 of Tableau Online
Tableau has updated its cloud analytics solution, Tableau Online, to version 9.0.
The upgrade brings faster performance, additional live database connection support, single sign-on support, and a slew of new features designed to help people achieve more with their data in the cloud.
Among the new features and capabilities in Tableau Online 9.0 are the following:
- A complete redesign of Tableau Online to deliver a faster, more scalable, resilient, and extensible platform. Capabilities like parallel queries, query fusion, vectorization, and smarter query caches make Tableau Online as much as ten times faster.
- More data connections with new support to let people connect directly to popular databases like MySQL, Postgres, and SQL Server on cloud-hosted platforms, including Amazon RDS and Windows Azure. This is in addition to existing support for Amazon Redshift and Google BigQuery, Google Analytics, and Salesforce.
- A new way for people to keep on-premises data fresh in the cloud, called Tableau Online Sync.
- Increased security with single sign-on support via SAML2.0, allowing embedding and Active Directory synchronization through corporate identity providers.
- More ways to see your data in the tools you use every day, with support for embedding of Tableau dashboards in Salesforce via Force.com Canvas.
"More and more organizations are moving to the cloud and bringing their data with them," said Dan Jewett, vice president of product management at Tableau, in a statement. "Tableau Online 9.0 not only is faster than ever, but it makes it easier for customers to keep their dashboards in the cloud up to date and supports even simpler embedding in popular cloud platforms like Salesforce. This is a fantastic update for our cloud customers."
Talkwalker Teams with Tableau to Generate Business Insights from Social Data
The new integration allows companies to integrate social intelligence with company data.
Wipro Partners with Tableau
Wipro's collaboration with Tableau will yield advanced business iIntelligence and visualization solutions.