SAP Updates BusinessObjects Mobile
SAP today announced the latest version of the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile mobile app. The newest release allows users to visualize, explore, collaborate from within the app, and share business performance through personalized and simple views in a secure environment designed natively for iPad.
Updates to SAP BusinessObjects Mobile allow for the following:
- Highly interactive dashboard capabilities, including native iPad gestures, such as the ability to pinch, zoom, share, and collaborate.
- One mobile app for all BI content, including SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence software, SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards software, SAP Crystal Reports software, and SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio.
- Geo-spatial and location analytics.
- Text annotation, such as draw, crop or blurring of sensitive numbers.
- Integration with the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform and SAP Mobile Platform.
"By 2013, 33 percent of a company's BI functionality will be available on handheld devices. This transition from the confinement of having BI delivered on a desktop to the freedom of having access to analytics on mobile devices is a fundamental shift in the way business is being conducted," said Pieter Hendrikx, BI practice manager at the Next View, in a statement. "Through our work with SAP and the release of the new SAP BusinessObjects Mobile 4.4, we are able to deliver innovative mobile solutions that allow users to provide flexibility to their workforce as well as leverage existing dashboard investments. The growing focus of SAP on user experience and effective data visualization makes me even more enthusiastic."
Now also available, SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio enables organizations to design interactive, engaging visualizations to help users more easily digest data. Using professionally authored, pre-defined analytics assets, organizations can build custom visualizations that are tailored for specific use-cases. People can then use the visualizations to monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), evaluate impact, and make strategic decisions based on the latest facts. Drill-downs, chart types, traffic lights, filters, and gauges help model business scenarios and outcomes and understand cause and effect.
Will SAP Make Companies More "User-Centric?"
At global news event, SAP debuts its high-speed Business Suite.