Oracle Knowledge 8.5 Adds Context to Customer Interactions
Oracle has debuted Oracle Knowledge 8.5, a knowledge management solution that applies enterprise data sets to online customer communities and agent-assisted and Web self-service interactions.
Building on the company's July 2011 acquisition of service knowledge management software provider InQuira, which Anthony Lye, Oracle's senior vice president of Oracle CRM, had predicted would "be the centerpiece for Oracle Fusion CRM Service," Knowledge 8.5 gives the service agent and customer access to natural language search and contextual answer delivery capabilities to help measure intent.
Using a knowledge-based solution connects customer service reps, for example, with data in real time by linking existing knowledge insights to current service requests. Analytics allow a rep to evaluate the life cycle and aging process of knowledge information, and a CRM integration connects that information with rep workflow.
According to David Vap, Oracle's group vice president of products, the company has made "significant development investments" since the acquisition of InQuira to grow the possibilities for unified knowledge in sales, service, and customer interactions.
Features in Oracle Knowledge 8.5 include:
- AnswerFlow for Guided Navigation and Answer Delivery: an application guiding troubleshooting and answer delivery;
- Enhanced language support: natural language search for 16 languages and an enhanced keyword search;
- iConnect functionality improvement: an application delivering contextualized knowledge into CRM systems;
- Enhanced analytics dashboards: out-of-the-box dashboards for optimized search and content creation; and
- Enhanced knowledge analytics: a set of robust analytics standardized with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
Oracle Debuts CRM On Demand Release 20
Software update includes industry-specific capabilities for life sciences, financial services, and more.
Oracle Gets Social with Its Cloud Offerings
Big Red is adding a social media component to all of its Fusion apps.
Social and Mobile Take Center Stage at CX Summit
Oracle pledges continued support for social and mobile apps as part of its CX suite.
Kana Introduces Lagan Express CRM for the Government Mid-Market
Integrated platform ensures consistent customer service across channels.