Salesforce.com Expands Relationship with Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services and Salesforce.com have expanded their global strategic alliance, delivering five service integrations to simplify and expand how customers capture, analyze, and take action on their data.
Canada will be the first new AWS region supported in Salesforce.com's planned international infrastructure expansion on AWS. By mid-2017, Salesforce.com customers will be able to use the company's core service, including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Analytics Cloud, and more, delivered on AWS cloud infrastructure in Canada.
As part of the global strategic alliance, the companies will deliver integrations that will connect the Salesforce Platform with Amazon AppStream 2.0, AWS IoT, Amazon Redshift, Alexa, and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC). The integrations include the following:
- Desktop Apps within Salesforce Lightning through Amazon AppStream 2.0: Amazon AppStream 2.0 is a fully managed, secure application streaming service that allows customers to stream desktop applications from AWS to any device running a web browser, without rewriting them.
- An End-to-End IoT Solution with Salesforce IoT Cloud and AWS IoT: AWS and Salesforce.com are building a new native integration to help businesses generate value from the trillions of events generated by connected devices. AWS IoT is a managed cloud platform that lets connected devices interact with cloud applications and other devices. Salesforce IoT Cloud connects with AWS IoT to combine device data with customer data in Salesforce, allowing businesses to create meaningful customer experiences based on real-time activity across all their connected devices.
- A Connected Analytics Solution with Salesforce Wave Analytics and Amazon Redshift: AWS and Salesforce.com are building a new connector that links data from Amazon Redshift, a fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service, to Salesforce Wave Analytics, a flexible analytics solution and suite of apps for sales, service, marketing, and IT.
- Smart Voice Apps with the Salesforce Platform and Alexa Toolkit: Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo, enables customers to interact with devices using voice input. The Alexa Toolkit for Salesforce is a collection of technical resources from both Alexa and Salesforce that will allow developers to build voice-enabled experiences.
- Simple, Secure Connections Between Salesforce Heroku Applications and Amazon VPCs: With the addition of Amazon VPC Peering for Salesforce Heroku Private Spaces, businesses can now establish network connections between their Heroku applications and Amazon VPCs with all the security and compliance benefits of a private network.
"We're thrilled to extend our great partnership with AWS," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO of Salesforce.com, in a statement. "Integrating AWS' industry-leading infrastructure services and technologies with Salesforce will bring even more exceptional solutions to our customers."
"We are excited to expand our strategic relationship with Salesforce," said Andy Jassy, CEO of AWS, in a statement. "These new integrations across business intelligence, IoT, and developer tools will make it easier for our joint customers to analyze data and build new applications."