Salesforce Releases Wave for Big Data
Salesforce has launched Salesforce Wave for Big Data, enabling business users to unlock value from big data and gain new customer insights with the Salesforce Analytics Cloud. With leading innovators Google, Cloudera, Hortonworks, New Relic, Informatica and Trifacta joining the Analytics Cloud Partner Ecosystem, companies can now deliver big data analytics to business users and transform every customer relationship.
Salesforce Analytics Cloud, powered by the Wave Platform, was designed to empower everyone to explore all forms of data, uncover new insights and take action instantly from any device.
Now sales, service, marketing and other business professionals can discover correlations and patterns across any combination of transactional data, such as customer relationship management, enterprise resource planning, finance, and HR systems, and unstructured or semi-structured big data sets, all from within the Analytics Cloud.The partnerships bring the following capabilities:
- Google offers a set of cloud big data services to ingest, process, store, and analyze billions of rows of data and run advanced queries without having to manage infrastructure. Using Salesforce Wave for Big Data, a marketing manager can analyze the correlations between customer profiles in Salesforce and actual customer engagement data from the Google Cloud Platform, such as purchases, clickstream, and mobile app usage.
- Cloudera enables companies to deploy an enterprise data hub, a secure analytics platform powered by Apache Hadoop, to store, process and analyze any data type at scale. Now a marketing executive will be able to identify patterns between a product usage log from Cloudera alongside CRM demographics to target the right customers for a loyalty campaign.
- Hortonworks provides an enterprise-grade data management platform based on Apache Core that enables companies to use the power of Hadoop-driven analytics to optimize the performance of Hadoop cluster. Now a retail bank associate can explore massive amounts of operational, transactional, and balance data to understand local economic trends to provide better banking services and counsel to each customer.
- New Relic delivers a software analytics platform that provides real-time insights on the performance of a company's Web and mobile apps. As a result, companies can better understand how customers are engaging with their digital brands, including clickstreams, mobile activity, end-user experiences, and transactions. Now correlations between customers' behavior on a retail mobile app and history of customer purchases can be visualized together to enable a sales rep to improve cross-selling strategies.
- Informatica delivers a cloud-based data integration and data preparation platform for accessing, integrating, and correlating transactional data, interaction data, and even machine data, at petabyte scale, for analysis within the Analytics Cloud.
- Trifacta empowers data analysts and IT to discover, structure, clean, and enrich data in Hadoop to bring big data insights into the Analytics Cloud.
"We live in a hyper-competitive world, and big data must deliver big value across every part of the business," said Keith Bigelow, senior vice president and general manager of Analytics Cloud at Salesforce, in a statement. "Salesforce Wave for Big Data connects the Analytics Cloud to the industry's most comprehensive ecosystem of big data innovators. Now every company can extend any data source to business users to transform every customer relationship."
"We're excited to join forces with Salesforce because it will enable Salesforce customers to easily make use of Google Cloud Platform and leverage the scale, speed, ease of use and power of Google Cloud Platform's big data services such as Google BigQuery and Google Cloud Dataflow," said Adam Massey, director of cloud ecosystem at Google, in a statement. "This collaboration will provide customers with a complete view of their business and a fine-grained understanding of their customer interactions."
"Organizations are looking for new ways to capture and analyze the vast amounts of human and machine data," said ohn Kreisa, vice president of strategic marketing at Hortonworks, in a statement. "Combining the power of the Salesforce Analytics Cloud with the Hortonworks Data Platform gives enterprises the ability to capture and analyze all of their data for new insights."
"We believe the New Relic Software Analytics Platform and the Salesforce Analytics Cloud will deliver powerful insights about companies' app performance, customer experience and business success," said John Gray, senior vice president of business development at New Relic, in a statement. "Together we aim to enable companies through data-driven decision-making to build new digital experiences and connect with their customers."
"We live in an age of customer engagement where businesses are engaging with their customers through multiple social and mobile channels and trying to predict their interests and buying behavior," said Ronen Schwartz, vice president and general manager of Informatica Cloud, in a statement. "This requires the preparation, integration and analysis of transactional data in CRM and ERP systems in conjunction with the clickstream and machine data generated by users on these social and mobile channels. The combination of Informatica Cloud and Informatica Rev delivers the only cloud native big data preparation and integration platform capable of dealing with this variety, complexity and scale of data for downstream analysis in Salesforce Analytics Cloud."
"We're extremely excited to partner with Salesforce and enable its users to wrangle the different shapes and sizes of big data for analysis in the Analytics Cloud," said Dan Niemann, vice president of worldwide field operations at Trifacta, in a statement. "As organizations continue to expand their use of data to deliver competitive advantages in the market, the ability of these companies to empower business users to drive their own analysis of big data is critical to success. With this integration, business users are now able to prepare raw, complex data at scale using Trifacta and seamlessly deliver the output to the Analytics Cloud for downstream analysis."
Powered by the Wave Platform, Analytics Cloud brings together a dynamic user experience, indexed search and a powerful computing engine to explore any data source. Designed from the ground up to be open, more than 80 partners have now joined the Analytics Cloud ecosystem.
Salesforce.com Adds Dashboards to Sales Wave Analytics
Visual analytics tools aim to let sales professionals craft better strategies and boost team performance.