Panopto Brings Video to Salesforce
Panopto, a video platform provider for enterprise and education markets, today announced a new release of its video capture and management software. The latest update includes an app for recording, managing, and searching video content within Salesforce.
Today's announcement builds on Panopto's recent launches of SharePoint and Jive apps.
Panopto is launching a unique app that enables organizations to manage and share video content directly from within Salesforce. Using the app, organizations can do the following:
- Securely log in to Panopto using existing Salesforce credentials and single sign-on (SSO);
- Attach videos and playlists to Salesforce accounts, opportunities, and cases;
- Embed video content into email sent through Salesforce;
- Launch the Panopto recording and webcasting software from within Salesforce;
- Federate Panopto Smart Search and Salesforce search results;
- Upload and share videos of any size from within the Chatter activity feed; and
- Automatically transcode videos for playback on any device.
"Salesforce is becoming the preferred hub for customer interaction, and video is becoming the preferred medium for high-impact communication," saidEric Burns, CEO of Panopto, in a statement. "With the new Panopto app for Salesforce, marketers, salespeople, and customer service teams can increase satisfaction and drive growth by easily communicating with their customers using video."
The Panopto video app will be available from the Salesforce AppExchange at no cost to Panopto customers.