Jive Delivers Fall Cloud Releases of Jive and Jive X Community Platforms
Jive Software today introduced the latest updates to its Jive enterprise communications and collaboration platform and its JiveX external community platform. Both announcements were made at the start of the company's JiveWorld user conference in Las Vegas.
The new Jive Fall cloud release extends Jive's ability to help customers bridge their hybrid cloud and on-premises IT environments with a new connector for Google Docs and the first delivery milestone in the company's Microsoft Office 365 integration. The Jive Fall cloud release also supports different employee workstyles by delivering new collaboration features across both desktop and mobile devices, including iPhone and Android phones.
"Jive is all about empowering people to work better together - regardless of what device they use or how they prefer to work," said Clara Liang, chief product officer at Jive Software, in a statement. "With the Fall cloud release, Jive has further extended its market-leading enterprise collaboration platform. Jive now integrates with Google Docs and provides the first in a family of connectors to Microsoft Office 365 that enables employees to leverage even more solutions alongside Jive. This allows employees to better connect, communicate and collaborate in the workplace, and further break down the silos that hamper productivity."
The Jive Fall cloud release provides new functionality that includes the following:
- New Jive Connector for Google Docs (Beta). Jive has extended its integration with Google to encompass Google Docs. In addition to the Jive Connector for Gmail and Jive Connector for Google Drive, users can experience Google Docs directly within the Jive platform. Multiple editors can work simultaneously on the same document and sync comments within Jive or via Google Drive. Additionally, a Google Doc can be created within Jive, eliminating the need to download a document or navigate to an external system.
- Jive Connector for Outlook Online. Marking the first milestone in Jive's integration with Microsoft Office 365 announced last month, Jive has rolled out the Jive Connector for Outlook Online. This new connector brings relevant Jive content and conversations into Outlook email threads for seamless reference, and allows people to directly reply from the device and operating system of their choice. Additionally, email content from Outlook can be integrated into discussions in Jive to bring together the right people and information regardless of source.
- Enhanced mobile apps for both iOS and Android. The Jive iOS app now offers a new design that provides an easier way to consume content and pictures. The iOS app also has better support for custom single sign-on implementations and offers better handling of long comment threads. In addition, the Jive Android app now features announcement viewing and the ability for people to follow the content, people ,and places most important to them.
- Evolution of Tiles. Jive has added more tiles to the solution, allowing customers to transition away from widgets and embrace ever-improving tiles + pages capabilities. New tiles include the "Ask a Question" tile for employees to find answers to their questions.
The new JiveX capabilities provide more ways to connect with customers and partners and uncover deeper insights to improve engagement.
JiveX delivers more valuable insights to both community managers and participants with ROI-focused analytics and helps drive stronger brand affinity with compelling interactions across both mobile and Web experiences.
"In the digitally connected world, an engaging community for customers and partners is a business imperative. However, in order to unlock the true potential of these communities, brands need to deliver user experiences that create meaningful engagements and interactions with their audiences," Liang said in a statement. "Our latest update to the JiveX platform provides companies with even more ways to put their users first, enabling brands to better encourage and increase participation and discussions within the community. This translates to stronger brand loyalty and affinity for our customers."
New capabilities in the JiveX Fall cloud release include the following:
- By showcasing top and relevant activities, visitors can quickly scan for the most important posts, questions, announcements and discussions. New role badges provide a visual cue of a user's role, such as community administrators, moderators, experts, and champions.
- With an advanced Q&A workflow and insights, JiveX enables community users to find the most useful content and community managers to glean insights into the value of their communities. With new 'Most Helpful' ratings, users can identify the most helpful replies to questions with a yes or no vote to guide other community members more quickly to which content was the best and most helpful. With new ROI analytics, community managers can access new reports providing quantitative data enabling them to demonstrate the value of their community.
- JiveX improves the ability for organizations to drive strong brand experience across all community participants, but in particular those accessing communities via mobile devices. Community managers can now take advantage of new simplified management capabilities to customize their community's mobile browsers while providing the same flexible layouts equivalent to the desktop experience.
"At Sidecar, our community is arguably one of the most important elements of our business - providing a shared voice among our corporate offices, network of drivers and our valued customers especially on mobile devices," said Maria Ogneva, head of community at Sidecar, in a statement. "The newest features within the JiveX Fall cloud release will provide Sidecar with an even more engaging platform to bring our community together, encourage and empower each individual to be ambassadors of our brand and help us build our following within a quickly changing competitive environment."
Both Fall Releases will be available in November.
Jive Updates Its Jive-x Social Community Platform
The latest version of Jive-x offers features to make communities more friendly for end users and moderators.