8x8 Partners with Zendesk to Deliver a Cloud-Based Contact Center Solution
8x8, a provider of cloud-based unified communications, contact center, and collaboration solutions, has partnered with Zendesk, a provider of cloud-based customer service platforms, to develop a bundled cloud contact center solution that tightly weaves the functionality of both applications to improve the responsiveness, efficiency, and management of contact centers.
8x8 Virtual Contact Center (VCC) and Zendesk function as a single SaaS instance with reporting and runtime data integrations. Zendesk provides the software for agents to track customer issues, tie inquiries to a single customer record, and drive agents to a solution. 8x8 manages customer interactions across voice, chat, and other channels to ensure customers are connected with the agent who is best prepared to help them.
Highlights of the 8x8 VCC/Zendesk integration include the following:
- A combined 8x8 and Zendesk single screen SaaS environment;
- A fully functioning multichannel contact center supporting phone calls and chat interactions with multiple queues, skills, and routing rules;
- The ability to use the number someone is calling from (ANI) to look up tickets in the Zendesk database and screen pop ticket information to an agent's desk when the call arrives;
- The ability to automatically identify outstanding tickets and deliver relevant customer information to an agent's desktop with each customer interaction; and
- Consolidated reporting and administrative information.
"The 8x8 and Zendesk product development teams have worked diligently to create a powerful, yet easy-to-use, cloud-based solution for call center organizations that place a premium on delivering outstanding customer service," said Huw Rees, 8x8's senior vice president of business development, in a statement. "We are extremely pleased with the result of these efforts and look forward to continuing to work with Zendesk to bring this compelling solution to market."
"Technology should never get in the way of delivering a great experience to customers," said Conan Reidy, vice president of business development at Zendesk, in a statement. "The integration of 8x8's Virtual Contact Center with Zendesk means that customer support teams can focus on their relationship with customers by leveraging technology to make agents more knowledgeable and more efficient."
8x8 Upgrades Virtual Contact Center
29 Apr 2013
New features in Version 7.1 include enhanced CRM integration, tighter security, new administrator controls, and a new agent interface.
Zendesk Releases Help Center
21 Aug 2013
The app makes self-service portals easier for companies to make and for customers to use.
Zendesk Integrates with SurveyMonkey and MailChimp
10 Dec 2013
New Zendesk integrations allow companies to better collect feedback and engage with customers.