Canto Updates Its Digital Asset Management Solution
Canto, a provider of digital asset management (DAM) software, today announced new features that enable a more visual approach to managing high-volume, fast-growing image and video files.
"With the explosion of visual content in modern digital marketing, most marketing teams have an increasing volume of images and digital assets that are often spread across cloud storage, like Dropbox, Box or Google Drive; enterprise storage such as SharePoint; and even local hard drives on employee laptops," said Kevin Gavin, chief marketing officer at Canto, in a statement. "With Canto, marketing teams are able to centralize, organize, and share their critical digital assets in an easy-to-use, cloud-based library that lets them save time and make better use of their digital assets."
Recent additions to Canto's cloud-based offering include the following:
- Google Chrome Extension, allowing users to drag images from Chrome directly into any application that accepts drag-and-drop functionality, such as design applications, social media tools, CRM platforms, email and office documents, and more.
- Canto Connect for Mac OS, a desktop app that keeps personal digital asset collections in sync and available offline and simplifies bulk uploading from local drives.
- Language Settings, allowing users to select their preferred UI language, including English, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and Dutch.
- Custom Branded Portals, allowing users to set up multiple private or public galleries to distribute digital assets within on-brand portals.
- Enhanced Commenting/Annotating, allowing users to send notifications to groups when content is ready, ask/answer specific file-related questions, and annotate images to ensure collaborators are in sync.
- Reporting on top files downloaded, top search terms, top asset views, data storage usage, user activity and more.
- Amazon CloudFront CDN for global asset delivery.