The 2008 CRM Market Awards: Rising Stars -- Introduction
The notion of a “rising star” can take many forms: the brazen upstart, the popular youngster, even a revitalized giant. The common thread is that these are companies that are having—and will keep having—an impact on the rest of the CRM marketplace, whether they intend to or not. In fact, several of this year’s Rising Stars aren’t even CRM companies at all—not by any strict definition, that is. But they’re all innovators in their own right—and they reflect and embody the CRM industry’s commitment to excellence.
The magazine named eight Rising Stars for the year:
* Apple, a burgeoning player in the industry;
* Marketo, a software firm bridging sales and marketing;
* platform developer nGenera (which recently acquired Talisma);
* Ribbit, a provider of voice services (recently acquired by BT);
* social-networking developer Trampoline Systems;
* the microblogging site Twitter; and
* billing-as-a-service providers Aria Systems and Zuora.
Every month, CRM magazine covers the customer relationship management industry and beyond. To subscribe, please visit http://www.destinationcrm.com/subscribe/.
New Markets and Leaders Emerge
SaaS revenue will likely remain the driving force behind the CRM industry's growth, but emerging niche markets will also play a role.
Zuora Subscribes to Facebook
On-demand billing vendor Zuora takes its Z-Commerce platform to the social networking cloud.
Zuora Launches 4 for the Cloud
Vendor Deep Dive — Zuora, Part 1: The on-demand billing specialist recently unveiled four different editions of Z-Commerce for the Cloud, providing infrastructure for the pay-as-you-go business model.