Savvis Introduces Big Data Solutions
Savvis, a CenturyLink company that provides cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions, has released Savvis Big Data Solutions, a full suite of services designed to help organizations glean the most value from their data.
Savvis Big Data Solutions gives enterprises and government organizations access to computer, storage, and high-bandwidth network capabilities required to power virtually any analytics application. The suite includes Savvis' managed services for Cloudera and MapR platforms based on Apache Hadoop.
Big Data Solutions offers hosted, fully managed hardware and software services for optimizing data storage, integration, retrieval, and analysis through the following:
- Enterprise-grade infrastructure-as-a-service capabilities, including scalable compute and storage platforms, software, and security services;
- Secure, high-bandwidth network connectivity for accessing, integrating, and processing massive amounts of data;
- Software licensing and operations management for Cloudera and MapR distributions of Apache Hadoop, including configuration, monitoring, upgrades, and security;
- Big data planning and implementation services, including environment design, security planning, and project management; and
- Consulting services for client business-case development.
"Businesses wanting to transform their operations and customer experiences through powerful, new analytics capabilities need a robust IT foundation," said Steve Garrou, vice president of global solutions management at Savvis, in a statement. "Savvis Big Data Solutions helps organizations maximize value from their analytics investments through scalable, secure infrastructure services that deliver faster time to market for competing in today's dynamic marketplace."
The availability of Savvis Big Data Solutions follows the introduction of Savvis' expanded solutions portfolio announced earlier this month.
Six Tips for Choosing a Service Provider for Big Data Management
Outsourcing big data analytics can save your company time and money.