SAP Updates SAP Cloud for Sales
SAP today announced the latest release of the SAP Cloud for Sales solution, including new retail execution capabilities for consumer goods companies.
Retail execution enables field sales teams to manage product, price, and merchandising execution in stores and includes capabilities for store visit planning, in-store audits and surveys, and orders and claims management. It helps to improve consumer products sales force productivity and reduce the risk of lost sales due to improper pricing or out of stocks at the retail shelf, and facilitates more effective relationships with retailers.
SAP offers retail execution capabilities on premises and as part of a cloud-based sales force automation solution, enabling customers to choose either option depending on business needs and technology goals. The solution offers one complete, insight-rich mobile sales app that helps boost sales effectiveness for retailer-focused merchandising teams and traditional enterprise sales teams.
Additionally, the company continues to enhance the SAP Cloud for Customer solution to help companies engage their customers like never before. Enhancements include the following:
- Deeper insight: Managers and individual contributors can perform advanced analysis with interactive drilldowns on iPad and other devices using the new HTML5 user interface. Dashboard and report setup, creation and publishing have been streamlined for key users.
- More effective engagement: Through deeper marketing insight, sales people know which interactions and content a contact has experienced to date so follow-up activities are personalized and relevant. Contact and opportunity data stays clean and accurate with enhanced record de-duplication.
- Improved user experience: Richer mobile apps, with new features such as service ticket management, document flow visualization, and installed based asset updates, continue to be included in the subscription fee at no additional cost. An enhanced Outlook add-in enables users to work offline through a dynamic download of contact and account information to their local devices.
- More time to engage: Designated sales or operations people can create product lists and use them to generate quotes more quickly. Service agents can now search order, delivery, invoice, and warranty documents in real time.
- Richer integration: Enhanced out-of-the-box integration between SAP Cloud for Customer and the SAP ERP and SAP Customer Relationship Management applications enables sales and service employees to manage additional business partner relationship types while operations teams get better configuration reporting and streamlined setup.
- Better omnichannel engagement: Improvements to the SAP HANA Cloud Portal support site option include updates to chat integration, knowledgebase integration, historical view of service interactions and portal customization. Improved support for the voice channel with enhanced CTI integration includes IVR data display, softphone configurability, click to call, automatic call logging, and expanded customer data search, all of which is integrated out-of-the-box with SAP Business Communications Management software.
At Oracle OpenWorld, Big Data Plays a Big Role
Oracle unveils an in-memory database at its annual OpenWorld conference.