MicroStrategy Updates Its Analytics Offering
MicroStrategy, a provider of business intelligence (BI) and mobile software, today unveiled MicroStrategy 9.3.1, the latest version of its core enterprise analytics platform.
MicroStrategy 9.3.1 combines visual data discovery with enterprise-grade, system-of-record BI. With significant user interface innovations and major feature enhancements, MicroStrategy 9.3.1 offers the following enhancements:
- A streamlined user experience via a new user interface, workflow, self-service dashboards, visualizations, drag-and-drop interactive filtering, enhanced search features, and new presentation modes;
- More powerful data exploration features;
- New capabilities to securely share visual analytics and insight;
- Real-time integration to a variety of the most common cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications, such as Facebook, NetSuite, SugarCRM, Eloqua, and Zendesk;
- Better access to big data with optimized data source connections that make it easier to access and analyze the entire ecosystem of enterprise data, including Hadoop-based data and relational databases and warehouses, such asGoogle BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Calpont InfiniDB, and SaaS-based data sources;
- More expansive advanced and predictive analytics that incorporate more than 300 of the most commonly used business analytical functions, ranging from data summarization and trending, to relationship analysis and projections, with the ability to expand its functional range to include the more than 5,000 analytical computations available within the "R" open source project;
- Native mobile apps for an immersive analytical experience and improved app platform capabilities for code-free development of any mobile business app; and
- More flexible deployment options, either on premises or as a subscription-based service with MicroStrategy Cloud.
"MicroStrategy 9.3.1 delivers on the promise of agile visual data discovery -- fast, easy-to-use, self-service analytics for business, with all the security, performance, scale, and reliability of an enterprise-grade BI platform," said Michael Saylor, chairman and CEO of MicroStrategy, in a statement.