Widen Expands Media Collective for Marketing Content
Widen Enterprises, a provider of cloud-based digital asset management (DAM) software, today launched version 8.0 of Media Collective. Revamped and expanded to provide a complete marketing content command center, the updated DAM system introduces new collaboration tools, distribution capabilities, and analytics throughout the content lifecycle.
Media Collective 8.0 features a totally revamped user interface and user experience centered on a drag-and-drop dashboard. Users will find new options for sharing content inside and outside their organizations, along with a new "Asset Popularity Score" that measures the performance of individual assets.
Media Collective's new Dashboard offers the following features:
- Visual Announcements section for showing messages, including product notifications, brand guidelines, and other information to specific user groups.
- Spotlight Searches and Spotlight Collections now allow users to search popular assets or navigate commonly viewed collections in one click.
- Real-time Activity Feeds help users keep a pulse on uploads, downloads, shares, and comments.
- The Upload box allows users to drag and drop new assets into their chosen upload workflow from the start.
- A new Box integration lets users download assets to their devices, Dropbox, or Box. In addition, users can post content from Media Collective directly to social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. As before, users can create share links for quick collaboration and generate customizable embed codes to share assets anywhere on the Web.
Version 8.0 also includes updates to the Asset Popularity Score, a metric that compares share link views, downloads, embed code views, and social media shares for all assets in the system. This helps marketers identify their least and most popular content. The DAM administrator can also implement the Collect Intended Use feature to gather and view intended use data (e.g. social media, print, display, etc.) alongside performance analytics.
"Marketers now compete on the basis of customer experience, and easy access to great content plays a central role in differentiating one brand experience from another," said Deanna Ballew, director of product management at Widen, in a statement. "With Media Collective 8.0, our aim is to give marketers an edge in this arena. Media Collective has evolved to be a true marketing content command center that will facilitate better collaboration, distribution, and decision-making so that marketers can achieve better customer experiences."
Widen Launches Salesforce Connector
Widen's integration enables Salesforce.com users to access sales and marketing content inside CRM.