WalkMe Redesigns Its Customer Engagement Platform
WalkMe today unveiled a new version and major upgrade to its contextual UX and engagement platform, which is used to lead prospects, customers, employees, or partners through any Web experience.
This is the most significant WalkMe update since the original product launch in 2012 and features a new user interface, completely redesigned with distinct, functional layers. The new version of the platform has more than enhancements and new features including engagement optimization, contextual promotions, and advanced cross-selling capabilities.
The new version features an enhanced design to its editor so companies can create the call-to-actions needed to guide and engage their users, customers, partners, and employees on any Web site or Web-based software.
The upgraded version brings high-level guidance and engagement through the following features:
- Segmentation: Managers can define with whom to engage and in what language by segmenting the display based on any criteria, such as location, role, language, among many others.
- Onboarding: The WalkMe Onboarding feature lets users create lists of tasks for end users to complete as part of the training process on any software. Companies can automate the onboarding process by guiding new users through the essential introductory tasks. Measured by a progress bar, new users can receive the necessary training on their own time.
- Launchers: Launchers are icons located in strategic areas on a site that can either direct users to the WalkMe widget or automatically start a Walk-Thru. Launchers can create a strong call to action on difficult pages or complicated tasks and will provide users with a way to receive the guidance they need to perform a process.
- Widget: The widget is where a user can search and run a specific Walk-Thru. The widget can appear on any side of the screen and will contain a list of Walk-Thrus, content, and tailored search engine results.
- Content: This feature integrates existing support resources with the WalkMe widget. Managers can integrate videos and user guides using the Content feature to post videos and articles.
- Permalinks: A link that will automatically play a Walk-Thru, permalinks can be sent in support email, through any chat service software or social media.
- Auto Play: This feature, which automatically plays a Walk-Thru, allows managers to engage target segments by automatically playing Walk-Thrus based on specific criteria. Managers can engage first-time users of software or a Web site by giving them a brief tour and displaying features. Alternatively, it can be used for alerting customers for specific reasons, such as if a bill is close to being due, or for any other type of alert.
- Live Chat Integration: Live Chat applications can leverage WalkMe so common questions will be handled automatically, letting chat reps engage with more customers on key issues.
- Search - With connections to Google, Bing, Zendesk and Desk.com, the WalkMe Search Widget can scour all relevant documentation to assist customers.
The new WalkMe version is available immediately on any PC or mobile browser and available as a free software upgrade for existing WalkMe customers. As before, WalkMe has full multilanguage capabilities.