Sitecore Launches Experience Platform 8.2
Sitecore today launched the Sitecore Experience Platform (XP) 8.2 and Sitecore Commerce 8.2. Sitecore XP 8.2 builds on the core functionality and usability of the newly designed Experience Platform 8 and introduces key tools to help users take advantage of digital marketing capabilities.
"Sitecore XP 8.2 will introduce both Sitecore Experience Accelerator for new clients and Express Migrations, a streamlined toolset for our existing customers and partners," said Lars Floe Nielsen, co-founder and chief development officer at Sitecore, in a statement. "This product paves the way for an accelerated time to market combined with increased adoption of the platform's capabilities, while continuing to support the agility and scale our partners will need as they grow."
New offerings in Sitecore XP 8.2 include the following:
- Sitecore Experience Accelerator (XA) to help marketers create new web and mobile web experiences using a drag-and-drop wireframe toolset with more than 80 pre-built components. Web designers can &create Themes to apply styling across a project.
- Advanced Publishing based on Microsoft .NET core technologies. It includes a highly parallelized distribution engine that allows users to take advantage of massive, geographically distributed cloud deployments.
- Sitecore Commerce 8.2 additions, including further simplifications to the deployment model and e-commerce reporting capabilities.
- Data-at-Rest Encryption, with support for MongoDB 3.2 databases that includes native at-rest database encryption for xDB through the use of WiredTiger storage, making it possible to further secure and protect customer data stored in the Sitecore Experience Database.
- Advanced filtering and funnel analysis in Path analyzer.
- Data source management and content item organization in Experience Editor.
- Data Exchange Framework, which allows Sitecore to take further advantage of external sources of content and helps integrate Sitecore into other marketing technology investments.
Sitecore XP 8.2 and Sitecore Commerce 8.2 lay the technical foundation for the recently announced expansion of Sitecore's alliance with Microsoft. Immediately available is native support for SQL Azure databases. A forthcoming update to 8.2 will add native provisioning via Azure Resource Manager, hosting on the Azure App Service, and a fully PaaS-optimized experience leveraging Azure Search and Azure Application Insights.
Sitecore Launches Experience Cloud
With Sitecore's latest enhancements, data collection and machine learning tools give companies faster access to contextual customer insights.