SDL Launches SDL Customer Experience Cloud
SDL today launched the SDL Customer Experience Cloud, a unified suite of offerings to help marketers create and deliver customer experiences across all channels, devices, and languages.
The SDL Customer Experience Cloud integrates Web content management, campaign management, social intelligence and analytics, e-commerce, language solutions, and documentation.
Over the past six years, SDL has completed eight acquisitions in the areas of marketing campaigns, social intelligence, content management, mobility, and e-commerce. These pieces are now fully integrated and delivered through theCustomer Experience Cloud.
Highlights of this new release include the following:
- An enhanced user interface across all SDL's CXM products.
- SaaS delivery model for all SDL products, available now, with continuous enhancements quarterly throughout 2014.
- Integrated CXM Suite that enables marketers to create personalized and contextual customer experiences leveraging real-time data.
- Real-time analysis of social data and conversations across all social channels.
- The SDL Language Cloud, a cloud translation solution offering both machine and human translation, enabling marketers to engage customers in their preferred language.
- SDL Web Content Management.
- SDL Marketing Campaign enables campaign testing, simulation, optimization, and advanced segmentations.
- SDL E-Commerce provides advanced digital merchandizing features, which give retailers precise control over campaign context and prioritization over the placement of product and offers across search, navigation and promotional activities.
- SDL Analytics for real-time customer intelligence.
- SDL Documentation for post sales customer support with access to online materials, including manuals, support information, and other important documentation.
"We are in a new age of customer marketing where the journey and post-sale behavior can glean insights for brands to make smarter decisions about how they build relationships," said Mark Lancaster, CEO of SDL, in a statement. "This Customer Experience Cloud packs all the critical elements of customer experience management into one accessible suite and delivers on our vision that every marketer can meet the expectations of their global customer base and remain connected and responsive throughout the entire buyer journey."
The Customer Experience Cloud marks the beginning of a strategic rollout of new cloud-based products throughout the year. To support this year-long rollout, SDL has hired longtime data center evangelist Jan Wiersma as head of cloud operations. Wiersma is tasked with managing a proactive, agile and global cloud operations strategy.
SDL's new cloud-based delivery model follows several other corporate changes, including an expanded customer experience management strategy and organizational structure, as part of a comprehensive go-to-market update, also announced today.
SDL has restructured the company to focus on improving the customer experience, aligning its corporation into two divisions: Customer Experience Solutions and Language Solutions. The divisions are designed to streamline how SDL approaches the customer experience market and unify SDL's product portfolio into a broader vision of the next generation of CXM.
Growing Acceptance of SaaS Is Good News for CXM
Companies find cost effectiveness, efficiency, and flexibility in expanded cloud offerings.