Resco Launches Mobile CRM Spring Release 2016
Resco has released the Spring Update of Resco Mobile CRM, a mobile client for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Oracle Siebel CRM, and other back-end systems.
Resco introduces offline-generated reports that enable users to create PDF reports based off the CRM data. Combined with other features that enable users to work with more records at a time, these reports can combine multiple records into one PDF. Users can also plan for other users.
Resco's own CRM server that can be used as a stand-alone CRM solution or as a connector to other CRM and ERP systems, is now enriched with workflows that enable companies to automate their processes and OData support that opens up a myriad of connection possibilities.
Some of the additions to Resco Mobile CRM include the following:
- Offline-generated reports;
- Plan route for multiple users;
- Multi-selection of records;
- Support of email templates;
- Support for new Nicrosoft Dynamics CRM time formats;
- Search by using barcode scan;
- Save progress during background sync;
- Export selected/all records;
- New actions for list buttons;
- Aggregate calculations (average, max/min, count, sum);
- Show field options as images; and
- Search for contacts in system search.
"With this version, you can be more effective by executing commands for multiple records in list. You will also be more productive because synchronization is now completely non-blocking. And you are even more flexible with offline reports," said Miro Pomsar, chief technology officer of Resco, in a statement
All of the additions that come with the Resco Mobile CRM Spring Release are available for free to all existing customers and partners.
Resco Offers Resco Mobile CRM in Microsoft's AppSource
Resco now delivers offline mobility to Microsoft Dynamics 365 users via the AppSource.