Pega Updates Pega Customer Service
Pegasystems today released a new version of its Pega Customer Service application, which it says will help businesses engage customers while maintaining context and visibility, as they seamlessly transition across communication channels and devices, unifying social media, mobile apps, live chat, co-browsing, phone calls, and in-person service.
The application provides customer service representatives (CSRs) with information from all channels in a unified desktop that guides them in delivering an exceptional end-to-end customer experience, from the first touch to completion.
Embedded case management connects the people and systems necessary to resolve each customer inquiry by tracking relevant information, automating and assigning tasks, and connecting front- and back-office activity. Intelligent guidance helps employees anticipate customer needs based on the situation. Pega Customer Service also adapts to changing business requirements, such as new products, channels, devices, policies, and procedures, into an always up-to-date customer service application.
Pega Customer Service introduces new features and unifies technologies from Pega's recent acquisitions of Mesh Labs and Firefly, including the following:
- Intuitive Interface: The new interface offers intelligent guidance that takes CSRs step by step through recommendations to deliver a personalized service experience for each customer.
- Co-Browsing: Customer service representatives can share their Web or mobile screens with customers in real time to jointly view Web sites, fill in forms, or share other browser-based content instantly without any software downloads. Pega Customer Service seamlessly unifies Firefly’s co-browsing technology within the Pega 7 application.
- Social Engagement: Using advanced natural language and text analytics capabilities from Mesh Labs technology, CSRs can listen to customer conversations on social networks and identify and respond to critical issues. These conversations can then be routed to the appropriate teams to respond and manage social interactions.
- Mobile: The application is optimized to provide rich user experiences on mobile devices, including mobile chat, mobile self-service apps, mash-ups into existing mobile apps, and role-based views of the application.
- Knowledge Management: The application recommends relevant, timely information based on customer interactions and manages the complete lifecycle of that content, from creation to publication to archiving.
The Pega Customer Service application is built on the Pega 7 Platform. Pega's latest visual tools enable businesses to extend and change the application to meet their strategic business needs without code.
"Customers demand a satisfying, efficient, and accurate service experience through all channels, but large organizations are challenged to evolve their systems and train their service representatives fast enough to deliver this experience in the face of rapid change," said Steve Kraus, senior director of product marketing for CRM solutions at Pegasystems, in a statement. "Pega Customer Service addresses these challenges by anticipating customer needs, intelligently guiding customers and employees, and automating processes to deliver the experience that today's connected customers require."
Pegasystems Extends the Customer Decision Hub Aacross Its CRM Suite
Pega Customer Decision Hub adds contextual intelligence to marketing, sales, and service interactions and channels.