Informatica Releases V10 of Its Data Management Platform
Informatica today released Informatica v10, the latest version of its data management platform.
Informatica v10 is purpose-built to deliver data at nearly any speed across hybrid IT environments, both cloud and on premises. The solution is designed to deliver performance, flexibility, usability, governance, and productivity across Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Data Quality, and Informatica Data Integration Hub.
"The best in data integration and data quality solutions just got better," said Anil Chakravarthy, acting CEO of Informatica, in a statement. "With Informatica v10, architects can modernize their IT environment by leveraging top performance and improved data governance for modern data warehouses, along with the flexibility of full Cloud support via a data hub, and increased end-to-end data integration agility."
PowerCenter Advances include the following:
- Up to 50 times data lineage generation performance advancements over Informatica Metadata Manager 9.6, ensuring timely, end-to-end visibility into the flow of data across complex data integration environments;
- Up to five times faster data ingestion for Oracle Exadata, Oracle SuperCluster, SAP Hana, and HP Vertica;
- New visualization for data discovery and profiling;
- 100 analyst tool seats for IT-business collaboration for agile data integration development;
- Connectors for relational, batch, JDBC, and ODBC data sources;
- A real-time engine; and
- Advanced data transformation, with data transformation and parsing capability for any data type, regardless of format, complexity or size.
Informatica Data Quality advances include the following:
- Enhanced Business Rule Builder;
- Historical data profile comparison; and
- Up to five times faster data cleansing for Oracle Exadata, Oracle SuperCluster, SAP Hana, and HP Vertica.
Informatica Data Integration Hub advances include the following:
- A hybrid publish/subscribe model for big data, the cloud, and traditional systems;
- Support for automated petabyte-scale data storage on Hadoop for data lakes;
- A hub-based architecture orchestrating big data, cloud, and on-premises PowerCenter workflows through wizards and a Web-based management console;
- Hybrid data flows spanning cloud and on premises with data pipelines, workflows, and visibility across Informatica Cloud and PowerCenter; and
- The ability to publish and subscribe to data beyond corporate firewalls to connect remote offices.
"Informatica has a long history of innovation, and today the company has taken a major step forward in helping organizations deliver on the promise of end-to-end data management for modern data architectures," said John Myers, managing research director at Enterprise Management Associates, in a statement. "With the introduction of Informatica v10, including PowerCenter, Data Quality and Data Integration Hub (DIH), organizations have access to the performance and flexibility to meet the challenges of the pace of change for a data-driven organization."