Informatica Releases Big Data Management
Informatica, a data software provider, today released Informatica Big Data Management, a big data management solution that brings together Big Data Integration, Big Data Quality and Governance, and Big Data Security in a single integrated solution.
In September, Informatica introduced the Informatica Big Data Management framework, a comprehensive approach to managing big data, encompassing data integration, data quality and governance, and data security. Informatica Big Data Management delivers the technologies and capabilities to execute on this comprehensive framework.
"Data is no longer a by-product of business; it is the business, and only Informatica does end-to-end data management for big data," said Anil Chakravarthy, acting CEO of Informatica, in a statement. "Big data represents the next frontier of competitive differentiation, superior customer experiences, and business innovation. From driving rapid project implementations to ensuring confidence in the data and the safety of sensitive information, Informatica Big Data Management empowers business and IT leadership with an unparalleled set of automation, pre-built tools and optimized capabilities. This allows for quick experimentation and seamless, mission-critical production deployments that ultimately derive maximum business value from big data."
Informatica Big Data Integration offers the following:
- More than 200 pre-built connectors that can ingest nearly any type of data into big data platforms, such as Hadoop, NoSQL, and MPP appliances;
- Mass ingestion and real-time streaming for high throughput and low-latency data integration;
- Out-of-the-box scalable processing with more than 100 pre-built data integration and data quality transformations and parsers that run natively on Hadoop;
- Dynamic mappings and parameterization that enable programmatic automation of data integration processes;
- Visual graphical development.
- Easy provisioning with wizards and mapping templates that can handle data from thousands of sources into a data lake or operational data store. Users can automatically generate whole classes of data flows at runtime based on design patterns using just a handful of templates.
- Adaptability to changing environments with dynamic schema support that enables connectivity to flexible data formats.
- Optimized engines that optimize big data workloads by using MapReduce and the new Informatica Blaze engine via YARN.
Informatica Big Data Quality and Governance offers the following:
- IT/business collaboration that enables analysts and data stewards to share data, while comprehensive business process management capabilities promote collaboration;
- Big data profiling, discovery and alerting, including business rule profiling, that highlights data quality issues and anomalies. Monitoring rules and alerts can be created to track and flag quality issues;
- 360-degree relationship discovery that enables high performance and flexible holistic relationship discovery (parties, households, etc.) across big data environments;
- Live data map through a universal metadata catalog and knowledge graph to search, discover, and understand enterprise data. It leverages Spark for at-scale fast knowledge graph creation;
- Highly scalable data quality processes, including data validation, enrichment, and de-duplication, that can be deployed on Hadoop for scale.
- Comprehensive auditing and analysis, with end-to-end visibility into data lineage beyond Hadoop that supports compliance and enables data quality root-cause and impact analysis.
Informatica Big Data Security offers the following:
- Discovery of sensitive data with context so organizations can see who has access to sensitive data, who is actually accessing it, whether it is protected, and where it is proliferating, including tracing data flows, lineage, and history;
- Visualizations that identify sensitive data by geography, function, and ranking attributes;
- Risk scoring that helps identify sensitive data risk by analyzing location, proliferation, cost, protection status, and use to highlight vulnerabilities for remediation;
- Sensitive data discovery, profiling, and analysis that enables organizations to clearly understand their big data security risks;
- Active alerting that can inform administrators and security professionals of high-risk conditions.
- Policy-based protection;
- De-identification for applications, test environments, reporting, and analytics, leveraging centralized policy management to protect and secure sensitive data. Dynamic data masking de-identifies sensitive data in production environment based on user roles and privileges. Persistent data masking protects live and archived sensitive data in non-production environments, such as test, development and training.
"Microsoft's Cortana Analytics Suite, SQL Server for Data Warehousing, and Azure cloud infrastructure offer state-of-the-art platforms for Big Data. When you combine them with Informatica's Big Data Management capabilities, you get the ability to integrate all types of data at scale, govern data across the enterprise to ensure trust, and secure all sensitive data to minimize risk," said Joseph Sirosh, corporate vice president of Microsoft, in a statement. "It enables a powerful, comprehensive analytics platform for the enterprise."
"We are excited to have an ecosystem of partners working with us to accelerate our customers' journey to be big data ready," said Amit Walia, executive vice president and chief product officer at Informatica, in a statement. "More than 75 percent of customers are still struggling to turn big data into value, so we are committed to helping organizations overcome the obstacles to big data success."