Geoscape Launches Data Resource to Help Companies Find Consumer Segments
Geoscape, a business intelligence company, has expanded its data resource to provide meaningful, actionable insights to support and guide campaigns targeted at specific demographic segments, including ethnicity, religious affiliation, income, and sexual orientation.
American Marketscape DataStream (AMDS) is a data resource that reflects an increasingly diverse and complex American population, providing current and forecasted demographic, economic, and cultural data for hundreds of companies nationwide, from the block and ZIP code level to the entire nation. Companies can access this data through an online platform that extracts the data and presents it visually through mapping, graphing, database queries, and tabular reporting functions.
The new data in AMDS offers the following population characteristics:
- Cultural: Comprehensive data on the Hispanic, Asian, and African American populations, including all countries of origin, acculturation, and language segments.
- Sexual orientation: Population counts for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender populations.
- Religious preference: Religion coding capabilities help companies tune their offerings by location and special holiday seasons.
- Workday Population: Determine the population of a geographic area during a normal work day, by cultural segment .
- Household spending: Access average, aggregate, and indices on household spending, segmented by geography and ethnicity/race groups across more than four-hundred major spending categories.
"All corporations need growth to keep their shareholders happy," said Cesar Melgoza, CEO and founder of Geoscape, in a statement. "Growth in the U.S. emanates increasingly from what we call new mainstream consumers. AMDS is designed to bring that opportunity into focus in a manner that is actionable and efficient."
Geoscape and Environics Analytics Launch Joint Market Intelligence Platform
Geoscape Intelligence System (GIS) Canada provides actionable insights to reach multicultural consumers.