Five9 Summer 2014 Release Adds Multichannel Capabilities
Five9, a provider of cloud contact center software, today introduced the latest version of its cloud contact center software.
With the Summer Release 2014, Five9 is delivering an integrated multichannel agent desktop that allows agents to respond to all channels from one desktop. The new multichannel desktop includes social, mobile, chat, and email, in addition to traditional inbound, outbound and blended voice capabilities. Other components of the new release include an intelligent technology layer called Five9 Connect and new applications and enhancements that enable supervisors to manage voice as well as cross-channel performance.
Applications within the multichannel desktop include the following:
- Five9 Social, which provides advanced social media engagement capabilities for both customer care and social lead generation, while also helping organizations manage social engagement based on standard contact center key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Five9 Mobile Care, which includes Five9 Visual IVR, Five9Visual Customer Feedback, Five9Chat, and Five9 Email. With Five9 Visual IVR, mobile customers can now get to the answers they need through an visual dialogue designed for smartphones, see how long they'll be on hold, choose to get a call back, or connect via chat or email. With Five9 Visual Customer Feedback, at the end of an email, chat, or visual IVR session, agents can immediately collect customer satisfaction feedback.
The new multichannel capabilities are powered by Five9 Connect, a technology layer that helps contact centers understand what's important, relevant and trending; decide how to prioritize, route and assign requests; and resolve issues and improve conversion rates. Five9 Connect includes:
- Advanced Natural Language Processing (NLP) engine to filter and categorize interactions, eliminate spam and analyze sentiment;
- Business rules and routing engine to prioritize and route interactions based on unique business policies and needs; and
- Agent assistance tools to help agents resolve issues.
The Five9 Summer Release also allows managers and agents to view and analyze data in real-time while providing more mobility. This includes:
- Five9 Dashboard: Supervisors can see real-time updates for defined KPIs. Dashboards can be customized by business users for monitoring and reporting; they can also displayed as a wallboard for visibility on the contact center floor;
- Five9 Supervisor App for iPad: A new interface and new capabilities that let supervisors manage and coach agents. In addition, supervisors can monitor, start, and stop campaigns from their iPad while on the move; and
- Enhanced Reporting: New multichannel historical reports allow supervisors to track service level agreements and other KPIs across all channels. All Five9 reports now include the option to add a variety of charts to display statistics visually.
"With Summer Release 2014, we’ve combined the robust functionality, fast deployment, and ease-of-use of our product with an innovative technology layer called Five9 Connect to support a unique cross channel experience," said Liz Osborn, vice president of product and solution marketing at Five9, in a statement. "This release not only underscores our commitment to building a powerful cloud contact center solution that enables exceptional customer experiences, but to also deliver frequent, innovative updates in response to evolving industry trends and technology advancements."
"The tendency of customers to gravitate towards complex multichannel interactions makes it more important than ever for service providers like Five9 to provide a clean, simple way for enterprises to manage those interactions," said Keith Dawson, a principal analyst at Ovum, in a statement. "With Five9 Connect and the other enhancements in this release, Five9 is helping produce a seamless, easy customer experience."
The Contact Center Revolution
While the benefits of the cloud are obvious, figuring out the logistics is less clear.
The Missing Piece of the Customer Experience Puzzle
Visually enabled IVR picks up where apps and self-service leave off.
Medical Alert Puts Five9 on Call
In urgent need of a new contact center system, the emergency monitoring device provider turned to the cloud solution for aid.
Increase Mobile Sales One Chat at a Time
Eighty-two percent of consumers would use live chat if it were available.