8x8, a provider of cloud-based communications and computing solutions, has released Virtual Contact Center 7.1, an upgraded version of its hosted call center software service with new features designed to improve the efficiency of agents and to facilitate the administration of larger contact centers.
8x8 Virtual Contact Center is a cloud-based call center solution that is offered as either a standalone service or an integrated component of the 8x8 Virtual Office hosted PBX business phone system. Virtual Contact Center offers a patented Advanced Virtual Tenant Architecture (AVTA) designed to deliver industry-leading reliability.
The Virtual Contact Center 7.1 release offers features and enhancements that impact all users of the Virtual Contact Center, including administrators, supervisors, and agents. These include the following:
- New, out-of-the-box CRM support for Zoho (in addition to Microsoft Dynamics ZenDesk, Salesforce.com and NetSuite) plus enhanced CRM integration with NetSuite;
- Configuration Manager functionality that allows for multiple administrators with customizable privileges, offering better security and control;
- Configuration Manager presentation enhancements, including sorting, filtering, and grouping tenant data;
- Agent interaction refinements, including shortcuts, forced transaction codes, and recording pause;
- Refined Caller ID controls to allow agent-by-agent selection of outgoing Caller ID;
- Roles-based management to add granular system security and control;
- Enhancements for creating and editing IVR scripts;
- Configuration user interface improvements increase presentation options to ease the management of larger contact centers;
- New support for Microsoft Dynamics authentication through Office 365, enabling single sign-on functionality; and
- New scheduling options for IVR routing and services.
Virtual Contact Center 7.1 is available today and has already been provided free of charge to existing customers of 8x8 Virtual Contact Center services. 8x8’s cloud-based infrastructure enables customers to receive the benefits of the upgrade process without any downtime, enabling complete business continuity.