Zoho has expanded Zoho CRM to make the product more attractive for large businesses.
New features, including territory management, custom modules, advanced automation, and expanded social integrations, will enable the product to better serve the needs of enterprises.
The product features, which have been in the works for six months, were developed with feedback from customers and prospective clients. "There are some products that are being pulled by the users into the enterprise, like Zoho CRM and Zoho Support," explains Raju Vegesna, Zoho evangelist. "Enterprises want to use the product. They come to us saying that it has all the features we need, we need just one or two more things, and then we'll be all set."
Zoho CRM's enhancements include the following:
- Territory management: Salespeople can group customers by industry, geographic location, or the size of their accounts. Sales managers can also do group-specific forecasting.
- Improved customization: Zoho CRM users can create rules to automate workflows and configure them to their needs. Data can be imported and exported even from custom modules.
- Contextual social integration: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn profiles of customers appear contextually within the CRM system. A social tab can be configured to pull in mentions of the company or track trends and search for leads.
- Enhanced integrations: CRM events can now be viewed inside Zoho Calendar. Campaign performance details from Zoho Campaign now appear within Zoho CRM.
- Easy Web forms: Users can create Web forms using a built-in form builder (WYSIWYG editor) instead of having to code the forms themselves.
Vesegna says the territory management feature is especially attractive for many companies. ""This is one of our big items," he describes. “We have several hundred user deals just because of this feature."
Zoho has previously specialized in solutions for small to midsized businesses. Zoho's expansion into the enterprise will not change its core business, Vegesna asserts. "We prefer the bottom-up strategy, serving the small business first."
The enterprise edition will be priced at $35 per user per month.