Xactly this week announced that it has upgraded its Incent on-demand sales compensation platform for enterprise users.
Among the latest round of enhancements is the extension of commission tracking and auditing features included in Xactly eDocs & Approvals to nonadministrators. Within Xactly Incent, users can now jump-start controlled workflows for business actions like payment disputes and discretionary requests.
The intent of the upgrade was to make sales compensation practices more of a strategic endeavor, so reps can "focus less on the mechanics of administering comp and more on how to use the compensation and incentives strategically to drive stronger, more sustainable business results," according to Christopher Cabrera, Xactly's chief executive officer.
According to the Aberdeen Group research report, "Sales Performance Management 2012: Rewards and Recognition as a Vital Compensation Component," about 70 percent of identified "Best in Class" companies report using a dedicated resource to manage sales compensation and incentives so reps can set their sights on selling instead of performing administrative tasks. Sales compensation and incentive programs hold the most clout when they are structured within broader organizational strategy, the report indicated.
Some of the feature upgrades to Xactly Incent 7.5 include:
- Enhanced administration dashboard view: a quick-reference view designed for administrators to effectively manage compensation programs;
- Extended compensation plan setup: added flexibility in designing quarter-to-date and year-to-date compensation plans;
- Internet Explorer 9–supported;
- Automated quota approvals: automatically generate quota information for workflow approvals; and
- Streamlined screen views: administrators can hide historic action to view only pertinent information.
Xactly this winter released Xactly Express for iPad, a mobile version of its sales compensation and performance management software designed for SMBs. Following that, the company introduced customizable sales comp templates for Xactly Express in order to match a user's role in the sales process, such as "Hunter," designed for account executives, and "Captain," for sales managers. Xactly Incent is geared more toward the enterprise with 100 or more sales representatives.