This is an installment in a series covering privacy best practices in data management. Security and storage providers have long touted safeguards at the point of data collection and transmission. But what happens once the data is inside your organization? Collecting, integrating, and sharing data globally with your colleagues, acquisitions, partners, and vendors are activities many organizations do in the regular course of business, often without considering whether they have the proper legal and technical safeguards in place. Needless to say the risk exposure is massive from a legal and brand reputation perspective. The impact on revenues and cost to recover can be crippling.
Join Privacy and Data management experts from TRUSTe, our customers and partners as we discuss how you and your organization can create a proactive, comprehensive privacy strategy to manage and mitigate customer privacy and data concerns "the right way".
Gain insights into how to:
- Pre-empt negative implications when collecting, sharing, and using customer data.
- Accommodate requirements around the handling of personally identifiable information for specific audiences like citizens of the European Union or children.
- Mitigate legal risk and ensure compliance with best practices around privacy and website security.
- Structuring service provider evaluations to implement effective processes across your extended network.
- Hear from Oracle Corporation about how best practices in online privacy has impacted their business and the lesson's they've learned along the way.
Who should attend:
Executives and managers responsible for web, data, compliance, privacy, risk, and vendor management.
REGISTER NOW to join us for this FREE web event.