Vertical Solutions, Inc. (VSI), a developer of CRM/CXM and service management solutions, is partnering with SkyTrace, the Eagle, ID developer of global system for mobile communications' (GSM)-based fleet command and asset tracking solutions.
With this integration, data from field service technician's global positioning system (GPS) devices now can transmit directly toVServiceManagement, improving tech's efficiency and management oversight. VServiceManagement is VSI's cloud-based solution for customer support, field service, and mobile environments.
"Building a profitable field service business requires managing the details. This integration with SkyTrace makes it easier for field technicians to record and track the information that can improve efficiency and profitability," said Ron Wegmann, Sr., CEO of VSI, in a statement. "We're excited to incorporate SkyTrace's powerful M2M capabilities with our VServiceManagement solution."
The SkyTrace integration enables technicians to interact with the VServiceManagement system via their onboard computer and GPS devices to send and receive information, including the following:
- Dynamic GeoFencing allows dispatch to monitor all activities and technician movements insuring tech ready, arrival, and completion of jobs.
- Automated tracking of onsite service and work-order information drives billing.
- Pre-recorded messages enable techs to report various transaction time commitment failures.
- Increased visibility on vehicle use enables service firms to track time and mileage for each job and provide proper maintenance.
- Customer notifications eliminate frustrating wait times and avoid ambiguous "AM or PM" time-slot scheduling.
"The integration of VSI's field service management capabilities with our commercial asset tracking service provides a 'best of breed' solution to the services industry," said Rolly Woolsey, CEO of SkyTrace, in the statement. "We are excited to offer this joint solution to our present and future customers."