Adobe today launched Adobe Mobile services for Adobe Marketing Cloud to help marketers better understand and improve user engagement with mobile apps.
Adobe Mobile services introduces a series of app-centric capabilities, including a new user interface for mobile teams, app experience targeting based on GPS location, and audience testing to deliver optimized experiences. The new, cloud-based service is fully integrated with Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target. Additional support for solutions that provide mobile capabilities, including Adobe Campaign and Adobe Experience Manager, is expected in 2014.
Adobe Mobile services enable marketers to manage, optimize, and better monetize their apps. The technology was also designed to enable marketers to truly tailor app content to the specific activity, time, and location of individual users across a wide range of app categories, including retail, entertainment, travel, broadcast, and Adobe Digital Publishing Suite (DPS) publications.
Key features of the new Adobe Mobile solution include the following:
- Geo-Location Targeting: Marketers can target mobile app users based on their GPS locations and proximity to points of interest, such as retail stores, sporting events, or concert venues.
- App Analytics: A new, app-centric user interface provides key performance indicators and data visualizations with insights about user engagement, retention, and monetization. With new app reports for cohort, pathing, and geo-location analysis, marketers can understand how frequently people use their apps, what paths they take, and where they are using the app.
- App Optimization: Support for A/B testing capabilities allows mobile marketers to define and identify audiences by using mobile-specific criteria, such as device type, operating system, and app analytics via integrated workflows in the new user interface.
- Broad Platform Support: For app analytics, Adobe Mobile services supports native apps across iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8, BlackBerry 10, Windows 8, and Mac OS X as well as hybrid apps created with Adobe PhoneGap and HTML5. Mobile marketers can also use the service across digital magazine, newspaper, and corporate publications apps created with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
- Ease of Deployment: A new mobile app SDK supports capabilities for Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, and Adobe AudienceManager.
- Data Privacy: App publishers can manage opt-in or opt-out functionality to enable compliance with data collection and privacy laws for specific countries. In addition, Adobe Mobile services customers, not Adobe, own their data.
"Marketers today must think mobile first as they strategize how best to reach their customers," said John Mellor, vice president of business development and strategy for the Adobe Marketing Cloud, in a statement. "With mobile users spending four times longer with their favorite apps than browsing the Web, Adobe Mobile services extends digital marketing into the app universe to help companies deliver and better monetize personalized experiences in this unique environment."
Customers can access the Adobe Mobile services user interface by licensing Adobe Analytics or Adobe Target. The service offers capabilities that drive ROI across mobile apps without having to integrate multiple point solutions across operating systems, devices, and app stores.