Adobe today announced expanded global publishing capabilities and additional upgrades to Adobe Social, a key element of Adobe Marketing Cloud.
Social marketers can now publish to China's largest social network, Sina Weibo, from a single interface in Adobe Social that also supports Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube. Several new capabilities, including Sina Weibo publishing, social author attribution, and YouTube channel management, are built on tighter integration with Adobe Analytics.
In all, 70 new features across six core capabilities of Adobe Social were designed to improve marketers' abilities to publish, moderate, listen, and measure social activity.
Additional new functionality includes the following
- Sina Weibo Publishing and Management: Social marketers can now access all Sina Weibo pages within a single tool, enabling text and image publishing, page management, and workflow oversight. In addition, integration with Adobe Analytics ensures that all posts published to Sina Weibo can be measured against brand metrics, such as Web site visits and conversions.
- Tweet Delivery by Country: Marketers can now geo-target organic tweets by country, region, and city to deliver more relevant content to specific regional audiences.
- Social Author Attribution: Through integration with Adobe Analytics, the enhanced Social Authors Report enables marketers to identify key influencers on Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and YouTube.
- YouTube Analytics, Publishing, and Channel Management: Analytics enhancements in Adobe Social enable marketers to customize metadata and track more than 30 metrics at the channel and video level, including channel/video engagement, subscriber metrics, top performing videos, watch-time metrics, referral sources, and viewer demographics. Social marketers can also add, remove, and reauthorize channels, establish approval workflows, and publish videos to managed YouTube channels and playlists.
- Listening Rule Builder: A new listening rule builder enables marketers and analysts to make advanced queries across all major social networks and thousands of blogs.
- Enhanced Moderation Support: A simplified moderation tool now enables marketers to manage inbound content from all supported social platforms in one interface. With this newly redesigned tool, marketers can identify, mark, and escalate content for responses and monitor the overall number of queries directed to the brand on social channels.
"Expanding the global capabilities of Adobe Social ensures that social marketers can better reach and engage with the right customers across geographies," said Bill Ingram, vice president of Adobe Social and Adobe Analytics, in a statement. "We are committed to making it easy for marketers to not only interact with a global customer base, but also measure the impact of those interactions to maximize ROI."