Sitecore, a provider of customer experience management software, today announced the availability of Sitecore 7.2, the newest release of its customer experience platform.
Sitecore 7.2 features improved publishing and search capabilities, a refreshed SPEAK UI, even smarter analytics and the ability to run multi-variant testing in multiple languages.
"Our biggest goal for this release was to improve performance for our customers," said Mark Floisand, vice president of product marketing at Sitecore, in a statement. "In particular, the improvements to publishing significantly speed up the time it takes to deploy new changes to live servers."
Key updates to the Sitecore platform include the following:
- Publishing improvements, including the power to preview publishing targets, more robust support for publishing recovery, and better configurability.
- An improved SPEAK user interface framework for developing customer user interfaces, with more business components and dialogues.
- More powerful search. The search application now uses Sitecore ContentSearch indexes exclusively and includes more filters for finer searching and segmenting.
- Better multivariant testing for multi-lingual sites. Multivariate tests are now configured by language. Users can run tests on multiple languages at the same time and test different content or different component designs in each language. Test winners become the winner for all language versions.
- Increased sophistication of item bucket configurations.
- More intelligent engagement analytics to better track true visitors.
- Support for Internet Explorer 11.
- Sitecore MVC (model--view--controller ) now supports Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 5.1.