Resonate is adding Audience Builder and Market Positioning capabilities to Resonate Analytics.
Resonate Analytics gives marketing executives acomplete picture of their customers and prospects, with access to the motivations and personal values that drive product and brand selection.
Using big data technologies and real-time research into consumer motivations, Resonate brings marketers a new understanding of the motivations, values, purchase drivers, and political issue orientations of individuals.
"We have flipped the traditional customer research and insights process on its ear," said Bryan Gernert, CEO of Resonate, in a statement. "In the past, marketers were forced to learn about consumer values through long, expensive, custom projects and static reports on consumer insights that were disconnected from marketing's execution. This left marketers to base their strategies on broad demographic segments and behavioral proxies. Now, in seconds, marketers can get a real-time view into any customer segment desired, including their values and motivations, with a direct linkage to execution. The result: campaigns and creative are pre-optimized and with a much more complete picture of the customer, letting marketers focus on generating results and accelerating the feedback cycle."
Marketers are not limited to pre-canned segments and can choose from the thousands of dimensions for consumer understanding that comprise the Resonate data, such as the following:
- Consumer values, including personal freedom, doing things for others, and doing things for fun;
- Product preferences, such as cost-effective, dependable, and innovative; and
- Shopping preferences, such as the importance of a frequent shopper program, location convenience, and return policy.
Marketers can leverage Resonate Analytics to do the following:
- Widen or focus market positioning by understanding what drives key customers or competitors' customers to buy;
- Optimize creative and messaging, mapping messages to the motivations and values of target customers;
- Deepen understanding of customer segments, surfacing the products and services that create more loyal customers; and
- Capitalize and iterate on advertising or messaging that is currently drawing customers to ads or Web site content.
"Like many marketers, we start with a good understanding of the visitors and customers who use our site," said Sean Murphy, senior vice president of e-commerce at CustomInk, in a statement. "But what Resonate Analytics helps us quantify is the deeper motivations and values that are important to those customers, providing a more complete understanding upon which to base our marketing."
The release comes less than two months after Resonate released Resonate Social for Facebook, bringing motivations-based targeting and analytics to the social media giant for the first time.