Jive Software late last week previewed and launched the latest version of JiveX, its cloud-based customer community platform.
One highlight of the the JiveX Winter 2014 release is the CRM Connector, which allows companies to convert discussions and cases to their CRM systems of record.
In this version, Jive also improved the quality of translations within Activity Streams, the Inbox, and some related areas of the application. Data encryption at rest is now available to cloud customers. The Universal iOS app is also being upgraded to add a Portal experience front and center. This release will feature Announcements and Trending Content, new integrations with Box and Producteev,
Augmenting the Chat capabilities introduced in the Fall 2014 Release are Chat Rooms, which allow users to have real-time chat room conversations with members of a Jive group, and Desktop Notifications for when they get direct messages or chat messages.
Other new capabilities now available via the JiveX Winter release include the following:
- Bi-directional connection of Facebook fan pages inside company communities. It automatically inserts posts from Twitter and RSS feeds to those communities and can integrate Twitter directly into support back channels for a more holistic view of brand activity.
- Fully configurable search results allow users to highlight answers, not just open discussions. In addition, admins can now let designated users mark content as official or outdated, which then prioritizes (or de-prioritizes) it in search.
- Enhanced SEO capabilities help maximize click-throughs to company communities, coupled with a new strategy package focused all around SEO.
- Completely re-designed profiles that visually engage with more picture upload options, highlights of connections, as well as LinkedIn-style endorsements.
- Personal analytics associated with every item of content in the community, identifying who is reading posts, who the top referrers are, along with the sentiment and overall impact.
JiveX also comes with the key features, such as advanced gamification, theming, and segment campaign planning that were contained within the platform when it was first released in October.