Get CRM Media in your inbox -
Sign up for free
CRM eWeekly (e-Newsletter)
CRM Featured Articles
CRM Across the Wire
Big Data CRM
Best Practices Series
Reports & Research
CRM Buyer's Guide & Directory
CRM Evolution Conference
Smart Customer Service Conference
Digital Experience Conference
What Is CRM?
How to Advertise
August 1, 2007
The Top 25 in Supply Chain Management
AMR Research has identified its Supply Chain Top 25 for 2007--"those manufacturers and retailers that exhibit superior supply-chain capabilities and performance." Nokia, Apple, and Procter & Gamble made up the top three. Rankings were based on each company's financial data and past supply-chain performance, which represents 60 percent of the total score. The other 40 percent reflects AMR Research's opinion. According to Kevin O'Marah, senior vice president of strategic research at AMR, the study found that those companies that practice successful demand-driven supply networking (DDSN), or the strategy of taking customer demand, supply chain, and product development into account to drive products to market, are likely to carry 15 percent less inventory, are 60 percent faster to market with products and/or services, and fill 17 percent more orders.
Vettro Hits the Road
Users of Siebel CRM On Demand from Oracle will soon be able to tap into sales information remotely using software from Vettro. The company has released its Vettro 360 Sales for Siebel CRM On Demand, which funnels information directly from the CRM system to a BlackBerry, Treo, or other mobile device. The software, which automatically synchronizes CRM data and includes a company's customized CRM features, is already available for other CRM applications (NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics, and SugarCRM).
Catalog Retailers Are in Sync With Callers
Catalog retailers are outperforming banks, cell-phone services, cable and satellite television, insurance, and PC customer service when it comes to call center satisfaction, according to the inaugural Call Center Satisfaction Index, a study by CFI Group. The study leverages the methodology of the University of Michigan's American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI)--an indicator of customer evaluations of the quality of products and services available to household consumers in the U.S. on a 100-point scale--to conduct the Call Center Satisfaction Index. More than 900 customers of call centers in the six industries were surveyed.
SAP Makes More Moves on Mobility
With an eye on shoring up its role in the mobile market and continued efforts surrounding its enterprise service-oriented architecture (SOA) initiative, SAP has unveiled new and enhanced mobile applications. Among the offerings are composite applications for sales professionals, retail clerks, service technicians, and delivery staff, as well as an updated installment of the company's mobile infrastructure. That infrastructure--SAP NetWeaver Mobile--provides the foundation for the company's mobile solutions and allows organizations to build customized applications by using enterprise SOA. The firm's mobile applications, which are customizable, are integrated with SAP Business Suite and also can be combined with non-SAP applications.
Viewpoint: Trends in 2007 Online Retailing
Rich shopping is here.
Feature: Wireless: Hot or Not?
Devices and platforms and applications abound--here's what you need to pay attention to.
for qualified subscribers
Best Practices Series
2018 Contact Center Innovations
Accelerate Quote-to-Cash With Contract Management and Configure Price Quote Software
Mobile Customer Service: The First Line of Service
CRM Web Events
Advanced Analytics for Better Customer Experiences
Coming October 24, 2018
Voice of the Customer Programs - From Listening to Action
Coming November 07, 2018
Proactive Customer Service - Anticipating Customer Needs
Coming December 05, 2018
More Web Events
Reports & Research
Five9 Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave TM: Cloud Contact Center, Q3 2018
The 5 Essential Recipes for Digital Transformation Success
3 Important Things a Chatbot Can’t Do (But an IVA Can)