Mitel Enhances Customer Contact Center Solutions Suite
Mitel, a provider of unified communications and collaboration software, today released its newest version of Mitel Contact Center Solutions, which contains new social media monitoring and the capability for agents to serve customers using any device, from mobile devices to their analog phones at home.
The new features of Mitel Contact Center Solutions 6.0 include the following:
- External hot desking—Enabling agents to work from any device, anywhere. Users can redirect incoming calls to any external number and control the call with or without PC client software.
- Social media integration—Enabling businesses to protect their brands with integration to third-party social media monitoring applications so agents can provide proactive responses to social media sites, industry blogs, wikis, knowledge bases, and forums. Agents can respond directly or through email.
- Visual Workflow Manager—Improving contact center manageability and scalability with a new interactive voice response (IVR) solution that lets users build and manage call flows via a drag-and-drop graphical interface. It can also match callers to the most appropriate agent group; provide CRM database lookup to profile customers; let customers know their positions in the queue and expected wait times; deliver conditional announcements; and deliver queued call backs.
- Scalability—Increasing capacity to support up to 800 active agents and 2,100 agent IDs, with Active Directory Synchronization for simplified provisioning; and
- Active Directory Support—Offering a single sign-in across all the applications in the suite.
"Our contact center customers gave us consistent feedback on their needs: greater flexibility for how and where their agents can work and the ability to interact with their customers no matter what medium they use, be it social media, voice, or messaging," said Ron Wellard, executive vice president and general manager of Mitel Communications Solutions, in a statement. "This latest iteration of Mitel Contact Center Solutions delivers this functionality, allowing their agents to use any device from anywhere to deliver a superior customer experience."
And the solution is agnostic with regard to network infrastructure and back-end software, according to Wendy Moore-Bayley, director of solutions marketing at Mitel. "The key is the ability to have an in-office experience anywhere and on any device," she says. "Any device becomes an extension of the corporate PBX."
Mitel Contact Center Solutions 6.0 is available in two configurations. The enterprise edition is tailored toward large companies. It offers unique work force optimization capabilities and scales up to 800 ports. The business edition is tailored for small and midsized firms and doesn't offer quite the same scale or reporting capabilities as the enterprise edition.
According to Moore-Bayley, the Mitel Contact Center Solutions suite has always had a strong presence in the education, hospitality, and government sectors, but the new offering "can fit in any vertical."
Hoburne Holiday Parks was one of the companies involved in piloting the new applications suite. "When our customers call our contact center, we need to know why they are calling and ensure we are routing them to the best source of information, all while managing their services expectations," said Jimmy Everingham, project manager at Hoburne Holiday Parks, in a statement. "Mitel Contact Center Solutions enables us to easily scale up our capacity to meet periods of peak demand, and Visual Workflow Manager lets us better manage the customer experience with call flows that can be quickly and easily changed to ensure we are providing the information and resources that best address a specific customer’s needs. The end result is a more satisfied customer."