Altitude Software Releases vBox 5
Altitude Software, a provider of unified customer interaction solutions, today released Altitude vBox 5, an enterprise-grade SIP server for contact centers.
Altitude vBox is based on open-source Asterisk optimized for usability, performance, fault tolerance, scalability, and direct integration with Altitude uCI. It turns any regular computer into a unified communications server.
Altitude vBox features include the following:
- A complete VoIP ACD with multichannel contact center features support;
- Optional embedded softphones;
- Least-cost routing and click-to-call for customers, including those using Skype, into the contact center;
- New coaching and recording functionalities;
- High system scalability, reliability, and availability through clustered architecture and new preventive maintenance tools; and
- Web-based management GUI.
"Altitude vBox has been winning market recognition as a free, open, and reliable SIP server software designed for contact centers' business needs," said Miguel Lopes, marketing vice president at Altitude Software, in a statement. "Altitude vBox 5's new architecture scales up to thousands of users while specifically optimized for contact center usage. It now helps improve the customer experience with features such as click-to-call and integrated recording."