SurveyMonkey, provider of an online survey platform, today launched its first mobile app to create, monitor, and analyze surveys from anywhere. The company also announced the SurveyMonkey Mobile Feedback SDK, allowing developers to gather dynamic in-app feedback for making informed product decisions and improving app store ratings.
Users can create custom surveys and polls or more in-depth surveys with templates designed by survey experts. SurveyMonkey's analytics engine powers the back end, enabling at-a-glance data analysis to make fast decisions.
"The demand for making decisions quickly, no matter where you are, keeps increasing. We've seen a 14 times increase in our mobile traffic over the past three years," said Dave Goldberg, SurveyMonkey CEO, in a statement "The old model of making decisions only while you're in the office no longer exists, thanks to trends like BYOD, and now bring your own services. SurveyMonkey was one of the first services people brought into the office, and we've always offered a robust mobile solution for people to take surveys. Now, our mobile app allows organizations to gather and analyze critical data needed for real-time decisions from any location, any time, fueling a smarter, agile and ultimately more productive workforce."
SurveyMonkey Mobile features include the following:
- A mobile interface to create surveys and manage data;
- Response collection through email, social, and Web site;
- An analytics engine to filter, compare, and analyze survey results in real time;
- Expert-certified questions and more than 160 survey templates for simple survey creation;
- Kiosk functionality for on-site customer feedback;
- Advanced features like skip logic, page randomization, and more;
- The ability to export survey results as PDF, Excel, and CSV files; and
- Full security features that are SSL-enabled and HIPAA compliant.
The SurveyMonkey app is free and available in the United States, Canada, Australia, and most other English-speaking markets. Customers can upgrade to a paid plan via the Apple App Store or SurveyMonkey's Web site.
Additionally, SurveyMonkey is partnering with Flurry Analytics, provider of a mobile analytics solution, to integrate Flurry into the SurveyMonkey Mobile Feedback SDK.
The SurveyMonkey Mobile Feedback SDK will be released this year for iOS and Android. Developers can sign up now to enroll in the beta program and provide feedback on feature development.