Consolidation is the name of the game in the fledgling Enterprise Marketing Automation industry. Late last year, Broadbase, a provider of e-business analytic solutions, announced it was buying marketing automation vendor Rubric, and E.piphany acquired RightPoint, a provider of real-time personalization solutions. Early this year, Vignette signed an agreement to acquire DataSage, another provider of personalization solutions.
The Broadbase/Rubric solution will enable dot com companies to increase traffic and generate e-commerce revenue by automating customer acquisition, retention and growth campaigns, say the companies. E.piphany/RightPoint aims to create a single view of the customer and manage customer interactions through real-time personalization, says Roger Siboni, president and CEO of E.piphany. Vignette's acquisition of DataSage, expected to close by March 31, makes it one of the first commerce platforms to round out its core capabilities by bringing competencies in data mining and decision support in-house, according to Donovan Gow, senior analyst at Aberdeen Group.
- Webridge, a partner relationship management software vendor, and Crowe Chizek, an accounting firm, have announced an agreement to provide e-business solutions for the insurance industry. Together, the companies have created Polestar, the insurance industry's first e-business solution for managing partner relationships. The companies have created a model extranet site based on Webridge Partner Express, which supports insurance agents, brokers and general agents.
- Salesforce.com, an Internet site where salespeople can access SFA software from a Web browser, raised $17 million in funding from investors including Oracle's Larry Ellison, CNET chairman Halsey Minor and Magdalena Yesil of U.S. Venture Partners. After starting as a pilot program last year, the site, www.salesforce.com, is now generally available, with each user interaction delivered as a customized Web page.
- Onyx and Cap Gemini, a management consulting company, announced a regional alliance to deliver Web-based customer relationship management and e-services solutions to financial services companies in the Asia-Pacific region. Cap Gemini will resell and implement Onyx software throughout that region.
- ChannelWave, a partner relationship management solution provider, has formed a partnership with Co-op Communications, a co-op program consultant, to develop a new ChannelWave module to improve the efficiency of companies' co-op and MDF programs and fund management. The software will provide a company's partners with up-to-date information on fund availability, approval and reimbursement status and expedite processing. In addition, ChannelWave will resell Co-op Communications' services.
- Pivotal announced it will acquire Transitif, a French distributor of customer relationship management solutions. The two companies had been partners in France. Now, Transitif will be a key player in Pivotal's strategy to extend its presence in Europe, according to the company.
- GoldMine, a mid-tier CRM player, announced it had entered into an agreement with Peregrine Systems, a provider of enterprise infrastructure management software. The agreement grants GoldMine worldwide master value-added reseller status for a number of Peregrine Systems' products to be sold in concert with GoldMine's HEAT help desk software, sales force automation software and CRM solutions. As part of the agreement, Peregrine Systems will acquire a minority interest in GoldMine.
- Firstwave Technologies, a provider of Internet-based relationship management solutions, is forming a partnership with Receptive Marketing, a provider of consulting and decision support to marketing and sales teams. Firstwave's off-site hosted Web-based marketing application will allow Receptive Marketing to remotely orchestrate its clients' direct marketing campaigns.
- Witness Systems has formed a partnership with Siebel Systems as a premier software partner in the Siebel Alliance Program. Witness Systems will build and validate the integration between the WITNESS customer interaction recording software and the Siebel Call Center application as part of the alliance. The WITNESS application will let users set business rules to initiate recording of customer interactions within the Siebel Call Center application. It will also monitor the quality of voice interactions with customers.