Microsoft recently bestowed its coveted Industry Solution Awards to some of the brightest stars in the CRM universe. The big winner was Pivotal, which took home two awards for its Pivotal eRelationship solution: one for "Best Integrated Customer Relationship Management Solution" and one for "Best Internet Solution Customer Self Service." UpShot.com, which made headlines this year for its efforts to offer low-cost, hosted CRM solutions to small businesses, also won two awards for UpShot Sales. The company took home awards for "Best Mobile Solution" and "Best Internet Solution Partner Relationship Management." Clarify, which leads the industry in call center technology, surprised no one when it captured the award for Best Call Center Solution. Finally, Onyx won an Industry Solution Award in the "Best Internet Solution Other Applications" category.
- MessageMedia, a provider of e-mail-based CRM and direct marketing services, has teamed with European investment facilitator @viso (pronounced "atviso") to create MessageMedia Europe. The new company will extend MessageMedia's e-mail services to the European market. As part of the joint venture, @viso will provide the new company with a full set of market access services in Europe, including capital, infrastructure and local support services. In other MessageMedia news, the company recently settled two patent infringement lawsuits with Exactis.com. Terms of the settlements were not disclosed.
- Clarify recently announced that Oracle Vice President Dennis Cunningham has joined the company to lead Clarify's global alliances organization. In this new position, Cunningham, 53, will leverage and expand the company's strategic partnerships across all vertical markets, global regions and technology sectors.
- Boston-based marketing automation vendor Prime Response and European data management company Data Distilleries have formed a strategic relationship to increase Prime Response's visibility in Europe. Under the terms of the partnership, Data Distilleries' Customer Care Suite will be integrated with Prime Vantage, offering a way to reduce mail volumes and increase response rates through targeted mailings.
- Intarka and SalesLogix have formed a new technology partnership under the SalesLogix Open CRM Initiative. The partnership unites Intarka's ProspectMiner, an intelligent agent for lead generation, with the SalesLogix sales automation software system. Using ProspectMiner, customers can now develop targeted sales leads that can be efficiently managed through SalesLogix's sales, marketing and CRM tools.
- Silknet Software, a provider of e-centric business applications, has acquired privately held InSite Marketing Technology of Waltham, Mass., in a deal valued at approximately $21.5 million. Under the terms of the sale, Silknet will acquire all of the outstanding common stock and options of InSite in exchange for approximately 592,000 shares of Silknet common stock. The acquisition will enable Silknet to expand and enhance the company's existing e-business product line and service offerings to include InSite's e-marketing and e-sales applications.