• IBM's Lotus Development subsidiary has chosen Eloquent's Enterprise Communications Portal Server to communicate product and strategy information over the Web to the Lotus and IBM sales forces worldwide, enhancing the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of sales force education. Lotus is rolling out the Portable Presenter series of products designed to keep the sales force informed about new developments and products. The series is based on Eloquent Presenter! which communicates information via the Web and CD-ROM using synchronized video, audio, text and graphics in a highly navigable format.
• RezLogic, a human resources services provider, Infact Technologies, a problem-resolution software provider, and Berkeley Software Design Inc., a network software developer, have chosen Saligent Software's High Yield Marketing automation package to implement and strengthen their lead generation and marketing efforts. RezLogic and Infact Technologies use the software to manage marketing activities across multiple media sources to rapidly identify qualified leads and develop prospects from initial interest to sale-ready leads. The two companies also use the product to coordinate workflow between campaign management and the call center. Berkeley Software Design selected the software because it allows the company to track and manage marketing campaign performance. By tracking return on investment and using prospect development, BSDI obtains a higher return on every marketing dollar.
• Smart Technologies, a provider of collaboration software, will use Epicor's Platinum ERA enterprise business performance software to integrate its front and back office operations, making customer information easily available to all company departments. Departments including customer service, senior management, marketing and sales will have access to data in Epicor's Clientele CRM database, enabling employees to answer customer questions quickly. In other Epicor news, eXchange, an online personal financial services information provider in the UK, has implemented Epicor's Clientele CRM solution to capture, track and share customer information throughout the company. Clientele will also support the company's e-commerce strategy to manage and support customer relationships via the Web.
• Land's End is using Web collaboration technology from WebLine Communications to bring human interaction to its landsend.com Web site. The technology allows customers to access live, real-time personal assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With Land's End Live, customers can request a call back from a customer service representative, or they can set up an online chat session. Shop with a Friend allows customers to create a shopping session during which they can chat together online or by phone. Land's End is the first company to allow customers to collaborate over the Internet without assistance from a sales or customer service agent.
• DuPont Automotive Finishes will implement NHancement Technologies' call center solution in its new Customer Service Center. Both the Enterprise Interaction Center from Interactive Intelligence and IBM's Lotus Notes are being used in the development of the solution. The software will allow DuPont Automotive Finishes to track and manage customer records at all its distributed operations.