Nortel? Do Tell…
Nortel Networks will use a question and answer service from intelligent online service provider Ask Jeeves to enhance its own interactive customer management efforts. The company will use Jeeves Relevant Answers to power "Ask Nortel Networks Global Customer Care Online." "Using a natural language search solution like Jeeves Relevant Answers will enable us to continually enhance our relationships with current and prospective customers," says Steve Santana, director, dBusiness operations, Nortel Networks.
Offering customers access to documentation, training, service and certification information, this service will complement current customer service operations. Ask Jeeves, which provides intuitive, intelligent Web-interaction tools, syndicates its solutions to portals, infomediaries and destination sites to help companies increase e-
commerce and advertising revenue.
In other news, Cable & Wireless has selected Nortel for a network and outsourcing project, including a global Voice-over Internet Protocol. The new Cable & Wireless network will be based on Nortel's Succession Solutions, including Succession Communication Server 2000, Succession Communication Server 3000 softswitch and Nortel's Passport 15000 Packet Voice Getaway.
• Cygnifi, an online derivatives services company, has chosen "e by Epicor" from Epicor, a provider of enterprise and e-business software for midmarket companies, to streamline its business operations. Epicor will enable Cygnifi to provide a comprehensive view of its customer activities by automating the company's operations. Cygnifi will use Epicor's eBackoffice, eFrontoffice and eIntelligence to manage such services as client service and communication, marketing activities, account processing, accounts payable and receivable, record keeping and budgeting.
• Sales and marketing systems provider Ventaso has selected Total-e-Business, from Bluestone Software, a provider of enterprise interaction management software, to serve as the foundation for a new Web-based system to support companies that market and sell complex products. Ventaso hopes to accelerate time-to-market with the platform's 100 percent pure Java architecture and complete implementation of Java Servlets API 2.2 to provide the standard mechanism for building Web applications that are portable across hardware, Web server and application server platforms.
• Circuit City has selected e-customer relationship management provider Quintus' eContact Suite to support its consumer relations contact centers. Quintus eContact allows contact centers to manage and route customer interaction through voice, Voice-over Internet Protocol, interactive voice response (IVR), facsimile and imaging. In addition, eContact records and stores details of customer interaction in a common repository. Circuit City will use eContact to manage customer interactions generated from both its e-commerce Web site and retail stores.
• Pennzoil has completed the implementation of Callidus' TrueComp variable compensation management system to help manage the company's new sales compensation program. TrueComp creates and automates a variable compensation management initiative intended to maximize revenue, increase the effectiveness of consumer products and strengthen customer relationships.
• Gemplus, a provider of plastic and smart card-based solutions, will standardize its customer-facing operations worldwide on Siebel eBusiness, from Siebel Systems. With the Siebel solution, Gemplus will create a single, multichannel customer information management system that will enable sales professionals to work with customers across phone, e-mail or wired and wireless Web.
• Compaq has licensed the Firepond Application Suite by e-business solutions provider FirePond for use by its Enterprise storage and Options division. Compaq is using the FirePond Application Suite as the basis of its e/RackBuilder solution, which allows business customers and channel partners to generate personalized enterprise rack solutions interactively over the Web.