Boston-based Gillette, provider of blades, razors and shaving preparations, has chosen Revenio Dialog, from Burlington, Mass.-based Revenio. Dialog is a platform that manages and automates ongoing customer interactions across several channels. Gillette will engage customers in an ongoing series of automated two-way interactions across e-mail and Gillette consumer databases. These dialogs will attempt to evaluate the effectiveness of consumer relationship marketing in increasing loyalty to Gillette products. Gillette plans to use the information from these dialogs to learn more about consumer behavior.
• Allstate, a personal lines insurance company, has purchased a CRM software suite from Boston-based Xchange. Allstate will use Xchange Analytics and Xchange Campaign to drive personalized communications across multiple channels. Xchange's CRM solution will help Allstate create vertical-specific analyses that identify profitable customer groups. The solutions will also provide personalized offers to each channel, give a profit-focused methodology for frontline personnel, drive consistent customer communications, synchronize front office applications to share customer information and measure the results of the company's efforts with Web-based reports that contain statistics.
• RightNow Technolgies, a Bozeman, Mont.-based provider of Internet customer service solutions, has partnered with Beyond.com, an e-commerce service provider that builds, manages and markets online stores for businesses. Beyond.com will add RightNow Web to Beyond.com's GSA schedule. The RightNow Web solution enables federal agencies to enhance the online customer experience and streamline support team efficiency. RightNow Web currently provides answers to visitors of Web sites for the Social Security Administration and the Air Reserve Personnel Center.
• Drexel Heritage, a manufacturer of furniture, has launched an interactive e-mail campaign using MindArrow's e-brochure technology. Aliso Viejo, Calif.-based MindArrow Systems, a developer of software and services that deliver and track targeted multimedia communications over the Internet, sent the Drexel heritage e-brochure to more than 20,000 individuals who had opted to receive promotional messages via e-mail. The e-brochure drives customers to the company's Web site.
• Cupertino, Calif.-based Telocity has selected eAssist Global Solutions, a provider of customer care software and service, to offer Telocity's customers increased service and support online. Telocity chose eAssist, eCare and eService solutions to complement Telocity's existing telephone-based customer support systems, as well as additional support channels, including chat, Web-based content management, collaboration, Voice-over Internet Protocol and self-help.
• Triton PCS, a Berwyn, Pa.-based provider of digital wireless phone service, has selected Extended Enterprise, from Agilera, as the platform for its Lawson Software applications. Agilera has integrated and is hosting the complete suite of Lawson human resource applications. The company also provides business process outsourcing services, including the printing and distribution of payroll checks for Triton's employees.
• Dirt Devil, a subsidiary of Royal Appliance Manufacturing, has chosen Fulfillment Plus (FFP), a provider of turnkey, backend infrastructure solutions, to manage customer care and fulfillment service programs for all new product launches. Dirt Devil develops, assembles and markets a line of floor care and household cleaning products. FFP will provide inbound sales assistance, delivery tracking information, after-sales support and return information for Dirt Devil customers. Consumers can order products directly from Dirt Devil's Web site, and the information will be transferred to FFP's e-commerce server, or via a toll free number routed to FFP's customer care center.
• BP Amoco has signed another contract with customer analytics software provider Applix, of Westboro, Mass. BP will implement Applix's iPlanning analytics and business forecasting solutions. With the iPlanning solution, BP will be able to conduct real-time financial calculations of large volumes of data. The company will also be able to complete complex calculations and perform "what if" analyses of multiple business scenarios.