Zoho today announced it has expanded its portfolio of mobile applications to include its project management, customer relationship management, and document management solutions. The new Zoho Docs and Zoho CRM for Android are both available immediately. Zoho Projects for iPhone will be available soon.
"Mobile is going to be one of the most important focus areas for the company this year," said Raju Vegesna, Zoho evangelist, in a statement. "We launched mobile-optimized versions of many of our Web apps last year and also launched iPhone and BlackBerry versions of CRM. We are expanding this with the Android version of our CRM and Docs apps as well as an iPhone version of our Projects app. We are expanding our mobile offerings, and you will hear more mobile app announcements from us very soon."
Zoho Projects for iPhone is a dedicated iPhone app that offers mobile access to project activities, to-do, and time sheet information for projects in Zoho Projects, the company's online project management software with comprehensive collaboration features. Highlights of Zoho Projects for iPhone include the ability to do the following:
- Create, edit and close tasks on the go;
- Start/stop timers for multiple tasks to record hours worked while on the go and later log those hours into the project time sheet for billing purposes; and
- Record text and voice notes for tasks to quickly capture events and status on the move.
Zoho CRM for Android is a dedicated Android app that simplifies customer relationship management for mobile sales professionals and others using Zoho CRM, the company's on-demand customer relationship management software. Highlights of the Android version of Zoho CRM include the ability to do the following:
- Access contacts, accounts, potentials, leads, tasks, events, and call logs in Zoho CRM;
- View, create, edit, and delete records in all supported modules;
- Add/modify customer information offline, with all additions and modifications auto-synced to the Web once a network connection is available;
- Perform powerful searches for required information in both client (offline mode) and server (online mode); and
- Call contacts directly from within the app and log calls subsequently.
Zoho Docs for Android is a dedicated Android app that provides access to your documents on the go. Highlights of the Android version of Zoho Docs include the ability to do the following:
- Access private and shared documents on a mobile device; and
- Upload images to Zoho Docs from a mobile device.
Zoho Projects for iPhone will be available soon, free of charge. Users must be existing Zoho Projects users to use Zoho Projects for iPhone and must subscribe to the Zoho Projects Mobile Edition for $3 per user, per month. Zoho CRM for Android is available immediately. Mobile apps for Zoho CRM are free of charge but require a subscription to the Zoho CRM Mobile Edition at $3 per user, per month. Zoho Docs for Android is available immediately.