SmartSource, an email and marketing automation service provider, has released SmartSource's Multi-Channel Platform, Spring Edition.
The latest version of the email and marketing automation platform features an expanded application programming interface (API) library that now includes a new data Web service. The data Web service enables multiple-gigabyte data sets to move into SmartSource's relational data structures. SmartSource supports more than 250 APIs.
The Spring Edition also supports real-time, personalized, and contextualized multichannel marketing.
Additional SmartSource enhancements include the following:
- Short Message Service (SMS): Leveraging a partnership with Twilio, the latest version includes new SMS message output as an integrated channel. Using Twilio’s global text messaging API, SmartSource now supports sending and receiving SMS messages using both discreet phone numbers and short codes. SMS programs can be built, managed, and deployed across outbound and inbound channels from within SmartSource. SmartSource supports any SMS program type, from simple alerts to recurring promotions, and SMS polling and voting.
- Landing Pages and Microsites: From simple landing pages to full blown microsites, SmartSource allows users to create, host, and render highly personalized Web pages and gather interaction and input data. Simple page view and click data, as well as full Java Script enabled data capture, are automatically integrated into SmartSource’s relational data structure.
- Survey Forms: Surveys are authored directly in the SmartSource platform. Survey page breaks, Likert scales, text box entries, yes/no, true/false and flexible form field values are supported. Java Script and all survey data can be collected and stored in relational tables in the SmartSource Data Manager module so that they can be used for segmentation, targeting, personalization, and dynamic content. Working in concert with other channels as a part of a full marketing program, survey Web-form content can be personalized, dynamic, and trigger-based on behavior in other channels.
- Social Sharing: The latest version enables marketers and agencies to add social site icons to their creative, which allows recipients to share a link to the content on social sites. Supporting the current ShareThis suite, which includes Facebook, LinkedIn, Yahoo, Twitter, FriendFeed, Google+, and StumbleUpon, users can insert a token that places the social sharing icons and links into their creative. As a result, when recipients click a social sharing link, their browsers automatically display a page that lets them post a link to the shared creative on the social site they clicked.
- Custom Summaries Added to Reporting: Custom summaries allows users to analyze the results of multichannel and multitouch campaigns. Campaign results can be filtered by any attribute in the SmartSource relational data set.
"Creating real-time, multichannel experiences are critical to accelerating sales and driving revenues," said Mike Curtin, general manager of SmartSource, in a statement. "Having worked with some of the largest marketing services providers, agencies, and marketers in the world, we have significantly enhanced our multichannel and analytics and reporting capabilities for our partners. This enables our partners to execute cross-channel marketing programs for their brands that deliver relevant offers throughout the customer lifecycle, while leveraging marketing analytics to modify and enhance campaigns in real time."