SAP has updated its portfolio of on-premises and hosted business management solutions for small businesses with the 8.82 version of SAP Business One.
The latest version offers new capabilities for campaign management and material requirements planning, as well as business partner, infrastructure, and inventory enhancements. With SAP Business One 8.82, starter package availability is expanded to include all application localizations.
The enhancements in SAP Business One 8.82 include the following:
- Extension of customer relationship management (CRM) functionality: Powerful CRM functionality enables businesses to create, maintain, and analyze multi-hannel marketing campaign information. Businesses can manage the entire life cycle of a campaign by creating and maintaining target groups, using the campaign generation wizard, managing the campaign data, generating leads and sales opportunities directly from a campaign, and analyzing results based on the campaign list report.
- Greater control and visibility over serial managed items: Users can allocate serial numbers to items for sales orders, accounts receivable reserve invoices, and inventory transfer requests, allowing for better control, greater visibility, and increased flexibility with inventory allocations.
- Pick and pack process simplification: Serial and batch numbers can be allocated to items throughout the pick-and-pack process. Businesses achieve better management and support for back-order functionality. Deliveries are automatically created and invoices can be manually developed. Customers benefit from cost savings due to efficient consolidation of deliveries and streamlined selecting operations.
- Powerful and flexible material requirements planning (MRP) processes: The enhanced MRP module has a more powerful and flexible MRP wizard, informative recommendation reports, new options for calendar week display, and improved forecasting capabilities. The new inventory transfer request document recommends transfer between warehouses before initiating purchase or production orders. Businesses have greater control over MRP parameters and can better plan inventory levels with sophisticated calculation capabilities.
- Effective long-term business planning: Businesses can now record blanket agreements to reflect long-term sales or purchasing agreements that have been negotiated with business partners. Sales and purchasing documents can be linked to blanket agreements and used as a basis for expected revenue forecasts, quantity reservation and capacity planning. Furthermore, blanket agreements are involved in cash-flow calculations, MRP runs and the procurement process.
- Simplified configuration: The new express configuration wizard guides users through the essential settings in the various application areas and allows them to compare configuration settings that have been previously saved in order to detect changes to the configuration that may cause errors.
"With this new release, SAP Business One has achieved a new level of maturity," said Manuel Grenacher, CEO of coresystems. "It has now unfolded its full potential, embracing innovations like mobility to become the de facto standard for the needs of small and midsized companies."
SAP Business One 8.82 is available through starter packages and subscription-based hosting options.