ManageEngine, a real-time IT management company, has released theServiceDesk Plus-MSP iPhone app, a voice-enabled mobile app for managed service providers (MSPs) running an IT help desk.
The ServiceDesk Plus-MSP iPhone app incorporates speech recognition technology to enable IT professionals to manage the entire lifecycle of help desk incidents using spoken input, from executing commands and dictating notes to making other extended text entries.
Created in response to customer demand, the new ServiceDesk Plus-MSP iPhone app can handle multiple accounts through a single help desk so MSPs don't have to juggle multiple applications.
ManageEngine uses the intelligent speech recognition technology from Nuance Communications to deliver a complete, voice-enabled mobile app for the MSP help desk. The app's voice-enabled features include the following:
- Dictate tickets
- Edit tickets
- Reply to tickets
- Assign/Pickup tickets
- Close tickets
In addition to the voice features above, the ServiceDesk Plus-MSP iPhone app also includes a number of features that can be accessed via the iPhone touchscreen, enabling users to do the following:
- Filter requests based on criteria (unassigned, pending, open, etc.) and as well as custom filters
- View request details for individual accounts
- View contract details for accounts
- Create, edit and delete requests
- Perform actions (pick up, assign, close, reply) for requests
- Work log and resolutions can be added/modified for each request
- Make individual requests billable/non-billable
- Add/modify notes for each request
- Set custom filters
- See full, multi-threaded view of conversations
- Access custom fields
- Request history details
- View attachments
"The surge in smartphone adoption and trends like BYOD are increasing enterprise mobiliy," said Jayakumar Karumbasalam, product manager at ManageEngine, in a statement. "With the iPhone app for ServiceDesk Plus-MSP, we're bringing breakthrough speech recognition to help desk management, empowering MSPs to take even greater advantage of today's mobile trends. Our iPhone app lets MSPs establish mobile access to their business-critical help desk software so they can respond and resolve issues around the clock and around the world, increasing the efficiency of their help desk and also increasing their bottom line."